Active Topics

Notices

Hey guys i see that hermes installs only a couple of python files, i would like to remove this appliaction completly since it seems my install has been corrupted. Hence i cant install the application again after it failed to uninstall automatically. What codes to run in terminal?

Last edited by jae-v; 2010-03-18 at 08:21. Reason: Better title

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Just as guess, not tested myself: As root, run "apt-get remove hermes"

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
You can also purge orphaned, log and configuration files from installation, obviously using `dpkg --purge hermes`

thanks for this but i guess my problem is the temporary location the app manager downloads the installer file which is giving me the "installation file corrupt" issue. For instance with heremes its an 540kb file but it'll download like 490kb's of it and say download failed....i'll try again and it'll attempt to download the remaining 80 or 92 kb's and once it gets it downloaded the installer isnt working due to partial attempts...how do i clear that out?

Last edited by jae-v; 2010-03-15 at 23:20.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Hermes isn't 540MBs..., it hardly reaches 5 (or 1)

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Hermes isn't 540MBs..., it hardly reaches 5 (or 1)
meant kb obviously...

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
To clear what dpkg was supposed to do type (as root of course):
dpkg -a configure
Try checking the filesystem (MyDocs) for problems as it's used for saving debs to.
Type fsck.vfat /dev/mmcblk0p1 in terminal and reboot the device, then try again.

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
To clear what dpkg was supposed to do type (as root of course):
dpkg -a configure
Try checking the filesystem (MyDocs) for problems as it's used for saving debs to.
Type fsck.vfat /dev/mmcblk0p1 in terminal and reboot the device, then try again.
i think that did what i wanted to do...i'm sure my problem is old firmware related. Thanks for all your help doesnt look like new apps are gonna work on this old fw lol

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
A better title: "How to manually remove a partially downloaded, corrupt, archive so that I can reinstall it".

I'd suggest (as root):

Code:
apt-get clean
apt-get install hermes
If you've got plenty of disk space, and it still doesn't download properly, raise a bug against Extras/maemo.org Downloads.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
A better title: "How to manually remove a partially downloaded, corrupt, archive so that I can reinstall it".

I'd suggest (as root):

Code:
apt-get clean
apt-get install hermes
If you've got plenty of disk space, and it still doesn't download properly, raise a bug against Extras/maemo.org Downloads.
hey thanks a lot for this...i'm thinking my problem is something else this still errors out on me if you could be of any further assistance i could try and post my xterminal log here *log posted*

Last edited by jae-v; 2010-03-18 at 08:40.