Active Topics

I've been watching this N900 from the ground up and I just have one main concern. I currently have AT&T and I don't want to have to switch to T-Mobile for a 3g connection on this device. Can the N900 set a static APN for T-Mobile's voicestream with an AT&T sim?

Unfortunately, no.

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
You aren't going to be able to use T-Mobile APN's on an AT&T SIM. That's pretty much impossible unless you subscribe to T-Mobile with a T-Mobile SIM.

*sigh* Why nokia?

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by mr.scuttlebottoms View Post
*sigh* Why nokia?
Nothing to do with Nokia.

That will most definately not work. You cannot use T-Mobile's 3G network with an AT&T sim card, no matter which device you use. You can customize APNs with the N900, but that won't bypass that technical limitation by the cellular networks.

Originally Posted by hypnotik View Post
Nothing to do with Nokia.
nothing to do with nokia? please explain sir

It is a limitation set by the carriers. You cannot log on to T-Mobile's network with an AT&T sim card.

But the phone does roam right? So theres no way to tell the phone to constantly roam on t-mobile?

Yep. Why would t-mobile give you free access to their 3G network via an AT&T sim card?

Tags
alternate, apn, custom, data, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, network, provider, settings