Active Topics

Notices

Hi,

I downloaded Angry Birds level pack from the OVI website to my phone.

the phone downloaded the programe & wanted to save it in my Documents folder so i created one called Games.

When I select the download file I get :

Select an application from the list to open file 'angrybirds-levelpack1_1_0_0_armel.deb'

then a lst of progames, including the orginal Angry Birds, but file does not run.

Never done this before & very much a newbie - please help... but be basic Thanks

Do you have Angry Birds installed?

I've just done the same thing this morning, paid for th level pack from ovi, and had the same result. I have the angry birds game installed already but the level pack just won't install. I'm very sad Please help.

What does it say when you try to install angry birds level pack?

If you dont get any errors whilst installing but cant see the levels you have bought, you might not of yet completed the "1st world" on the free part of angry birds yet and so cannot access the new levels.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Air-Guitar View Post
Hi,

I downloaded Angry Birds level pack from the OVI website to my phone.

the phone downloaded the programe & wanted to save it in my Documents folder so i created one called Games.

When I select the download file I get :

Select an application from the list to open file 'angrybirds-levelpack1_1_0_0_armel.deb'

then a lst of progames, including the orginal Angry Birds, but file does not run.

Never done this before & very much a newbie - please help... but be basic Thanks
That's odd, it should automatically launch App Manager and install it (since PR1.1.1). All I can suggest is installing rootsh (via App manager), then, in X Terminal, running:
Code:
root
dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/Games/angrybirds-levelpack1_1_0_0_armel.deb

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
I'm not getting an error... but i'm getting nothing - it also shows no sign of installing. And yep I've finished all 21 levels of the initial free game.

Right I found and have run the following in XTerminal to install it:

sudo gainroot
dpkg -i MyDocs/.documents/angrybirds-levelpack1_1_0_0_armel.deb

and hey presto - it's installed. How come this was so difficult... surely this should work automatically when you launch it with app installer?? :-S

It's a confusing piece of kit sometimes...

Did you disable the Ovi repo in App Manager?

The Following User Says Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
(since PR1.1.1).
I think this might have been my problem. I checked in the System Repository of App Manager and version 1.1 was still in the 'not installed but you can if you like' list... maybe this caused it?

Thanks anyways folks.

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Did you disable the Ovi repo in App Manager?
and nope it's enabled... I'm happy I got it installed now (even though I had to do it manually) in spite of the fact it's taken me all morning to do.

Thanks everyone.

Originally Posted by duvetto View Post
I think this might have been my problem. I checked in the System Repository of App Manager and version 1.1 was still in the 'not installed but you can if you like' list... maybe this caused it?

Thanks anyways folks.
Yes so you are still on pre PR 1.1. I should really update to 1.2 (though I am not sure how hard that will get, without flasher. Going from 1.0 to 1.2)