so i foolishly used NSU to update this morning before I realized you could do it through the app manager and got the "1 second" hanging bricked device. My question is to use flasher 3.5 in linux, does the battery need to be full 100%, and if I plug phone into wall charger will it charge now? Will I have to buy a desktop charger?

thanks

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Sorry for not answering directly to you but we really need info for this to Sticky FAQ or somewhere else.

Right now I have seen threads where users say that:
A. They were able to flash without problems (No idea what they battery level was?)
B. Saying that they were able to recharge phone with bricekd n900 (Need confirmation about this because I´m not sure)
C. Saying that they had to use Nokia 5800 to fully charge their battery and after that they were able to put N900 to flash mode.

Additionally there should be big text about OSs what are recommended for Flashing. If i correctly remeber there is some problems with 64-bit windows. Also it should be possible to use live-cd with flash tools? Maby someone with quick hands and bright mind should do command-line light distro which has wide support for hardware and boots up directly to menu where you can choose what to do.

I think this is really important because this kind of problems will emerge in numbers in near future and expecially after every update.

Maybe Nokia should disable N900 on NSU or perhaps do something about this. Is there any bugzilla entrys?

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Sorry for not answering directly to you but we really need info for this to Sticky FAQ or somewhere else.

Right now I have seen threads where users say that:
A. They were able to flash without problems (No idea what they battery level was?)
B. Saying that they were able to recharge phone with bricekd n900 (Need confirmation about this because I´m not sure)
C. Saying that they had to use Nokia 5800 to fully charge their battery and after that they were able to put N900 to flash mode.

Additionally there should be big text about OSs what are recommended for Flashing. If i correctly remeber there is some problems with 64-bit windows. Also it should be possible to use live-cd with flash tools? Maby someone with quick hands and bright mind should do command-line light distro which has wide support for hardware and boots up directly to menu where you can choose what to do.

I think this is really important because this kind of problems will emerge in numbers in near future and expecially after every update.

Maybe Nokia should disable N900 on NSU or perhaps do something about this. Is there any bugzilla entrys?
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

?!?

e: feel free to edit the wiki page
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Did you read my post at all? Alieas is concerned about battery charge and I´m just asking these questions based what I have seen. I can't write vaguest claims to wiki. Everything has to be tested and tested and tested before you can say something there. Actually its already bit too lose ended on some points, but off course its better than nothing.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Did you read my post at all? Alieas is concerned about battery charge and I´m just asking these questions based what I have seen. I can't write vaguest claims to wiki. Everything has to be tested and tested and tested before you can say something there. Actually its already bit too lose ended on some points, but off course its better than nothing.
Yeah exactly... I'm wondering if the latest "1 second" NSU brick'd devices are able to charge. I am about to try right now on a XP 32bit box, and will report any findings. Thanks guys

Well I left it plugged in all night, and after installing flasher-3.5 to WInXP 32bit, and holding down 'U' key while inserting USB cable flasher-3.5 still reports "No suitable USB device found". It doesn't seem to be going into flash mode so, I'm assuming that I will have to order a desktop charger for the battery now? If I try to flash the Vanilla eMMC file it just ends with "%m", if I try the latest file it says "no suitable USB device"

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you