Active Topics

Notices

its an android app an great to listen to but there is no version for maemo which is very bugging to me

Scanner radio

http://cdn-3.androidzoom.com/screenshots/51380-2.jpg

Code:
http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/multimedia/scanner-radio_gler.html
many thanks for this peeps

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevomanu For This Useful Post:
I suppose it uses audio streams available over the internet since there is no way the HW can actually access the frequencies in question, see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...police+scanner

Supposing there some sort of clean API for getting the audio feed descriptions throwing something together in python shouldn't be hard, you might even try your own hand at programming (python is easy to learn, fun to use and mighty powerfull)

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I've used and loved this app for a long time now. GREAT app on Android. The ABOUT info in the app points you to http://twitter.com/ScannerRadio for info.

When you tap "Area not listed?" it indicates that to add yourself to the list, you need to be listed at RadioReference.com, Wunderground.com or LiveFireFeeds.com (web sites this app uses to get audio).

You may want to use that information as a good starting point. Good luck!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by rambo View Post
I suppose it uses audio streams available over the internet since there is no way the HW can actually access the frequencies in question, see http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...police+scanner

Supposing there some sort of clean API for getting the audio feed descriptions throwing something together in python shouldn't be hard, you might even try your own hand at programming (python is easy to learn, fun to use and mighty powerfull)
as far as i know the app doesnt search frequencies it acts just like a widget , just works off the mobile version of the site . .

Originally Posted by stevomanu View Post
as far as i know the app doesnt search frequencies it acts just like a widget , just works off the mobile version of the site . .
It's not a widget, it's an application that searches several sites for some known live Internet feeds of scanner audio and makes it easy to find them--even using GPS to tell you the closest and relevant stations.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
It's not a widget, it's an application that searches several sites for some known live Internet feeds of scanner audio and makes it easy to find them--even using GPS to tell you the closest and relevant stations.
shame well im keeping fingers crossed it can be done , have even contacted app maker but nothing back yet ?

Originally Posted by stevomanu View Post
shame well im keeping fingers crossed it can be done , have even contacted app maker but nothing back yet ?
Why can't someone write an application like this for the N900? I'm a little confused by your reaction.

I'm also confused that you're asking the app maker to bring it to the N900, considering there's not a lot of good reason for him to try. The app on Android makes money (there's a free ad-paid version, and a paid version). I sincerely doubt that the N900 gives him any reason to try. Still, good luck.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Why can't someone write an application like this for the N900? I'm a little confused by your reaction.

I'm also confused that you're asking the app maker to bring it to the N900, considering there's not a lot of good reason for him to try. The app on Android makes money (there's a free ad-paid version, and a paid version). I sincerely doubt that the N900 gives him any reason to try. Still, good luck.
well here hoping hey !

The Following User Says Thank You to stevomanu For This Useful Post:

Tags
windy dust