Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
I was looking at the Zagg screen protectors and saw that they had "Full Body protection" for an extra $14. How does this work? I can see on an N770 or N800, but the N810 has the slide-out keyboard. I'm guessing some kind of external-only protection? How is it secured?

I've almost dropped my N810 a couple of times, but does something like this work with the N810? Is anyone using it? Is it worth the $25? Or should I just go with the screen protector?

Thanks,
--vr

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
I am using the zagg full body protection on my n810. I must say that it is worth the investment. I am now comfortable with tossing it in my bag without worrying about getting those tiny scratches on the brush aluminum. I will post pictures later on to show where it is protected.

*EDIT

My camera quality isn't good enough to show where the invisible shield is on the n810.

face portion
On the front face, everything is covered except the webcam, light sensor and back/home key. on the same front portion, the top and sides are protected, not the bottom.

Back portion

There is no protection on the keyboard/dpad section. battery cover and plastic cover protected, whole underside of kickstand protected. on the left side, part between kickstand and speaker protected, small parts between left speaker and stylus slot protected except portion between full-screen key and minus key.

That's about it, I hope I explained well enough. Just get back to me if you have any questions. I really gotta get me a camera

Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by joshv06; 2009-08-19 at 05:47.

Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
I am using the zagg full body protection on my n810. I must say that it is worth the investment. I am now comfortable with tossing it in my bag without worrying about getting those tiny scratches on the brush aluminum.
Thanks for this. So how difficult is it to get the pieces aligned? I've looked online at their website and at some of their resellers (e.g. Best Buy, Microcenter...They have them for the ipod/iphone, alas, not the N810), but the pictures weren't large enough to be clear.

Have you had a problem with corners peeling up?

face portion
On the front face, everything is covered except the webcam, light sensor and back/home key. on the same front portion, the top and sides are protected, not the bottom.

Back portion

There is no protection on the keyboard/dpad section. battery cover and plastic cover protected, whole underside of kickstand protected. on the left side, part between kickstand and speaker protected, small parts between left speaker and stylus slot protected except portion between full-screen key and minus key.

That's about it, I hope I explained well enough. Just get back to me if you have any questions. I really gotta get me a camera

Thanks
No problem on the camera. What about the screen? Is that a separate kit? or does it come with the full-body protection? (I'm beginning to suspect it doesn't, based on your descripton.) Do you still have to pull the cover to access the faceplate?

Thanks,
--vr

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Oh yes, sorry I forgot to mention that. The screen protector is included in the full coverage kit.

It's pretty easy to put the pieces in place, you get this small bottle to spray on the shield and that allows you to just slide them in place (check out the instructional video on youtube). The only peeling I'm getting is on the kick-stand, but it was my fault because I didn't align it right.

I bought it directly from their site, shipping was quick and I had no problems. Just a heads up, here is a coupon for 20% off:

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/zagg.com

The Following User Says Thank You to joshv06 For This Useful Post:
I got my kit today, and I must say that I am pretty impressed. It went on fairly easily, though I hope the strangeness in the screen (which can only be seen in reflected light) goes away. I applied to the screen, face (four pieces around the screen), kickstand and the back (battery cover and antenna housing). I didn't do the side pieces, mainly because I was running out of the fluid, thanks to probably overuse on my fingers and assorted other missprays.

So far, I am pretty impressed. The grip factor alone is increased by about 100%. Hopefully it will last a good long time.

--vr

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sendai, Japan
wow, this seems pretty cool. I might have to take a look into this.

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Was in the airport in phl where a Zagg vendor applied the full body shield on both of my N810s (will soon put the newest one up for sell). A great product to keep the signs of wear and tear from showing on my units.