Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern California
Hi all,

This looks like an awesome community, and one in which I really wish I could get involved. Unfortunately some circumstances beyond my control have forced me to liquidate several items I have. I received a mint 810 in partial trade for a BlackBerry (I am an active member of CrackBerry.com under the same username, eakeller) and it looks perfect and works perfect.

I really wish I could keep it but as I said I cannot. This N810 tablet was used about 10 times since it was purchased, and since the owner received a BlackBerry shortly after, he almost never took it out of the box. I've enclosed photos below, please let me know if you have any questions - I would be happy to answer.

I know I am new to this forum, but I am not new to doing great transactions on the net. Please check out my feedback at crackberry, and on eBay with 450+ positive transactions. I can ship USPS on the same day or by the next day at the latest, carefully packed and insured to CONUS for free, or worldwide for actual shipping cost. Payment is via PayPal, please.

Thanks a lot for looking, and let me know if you have any questions!

Sincerely,
-Eric

PS. I check my email/messages mainly from work during Pacific Time (GMT-7), so if you send me something in the evening, I may not be able to get back to you until the next day. Thanks!

Last edited by eakeller; 2009-06-23 at 21:39.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Brasov/Cluj, Romania
How much does it cost to ship it to Romania?

Looks like it would be about 40 USD (28.4 EUR) to ship to Romania via USPS Priority Mail (6-10 days).

The Following User Says Thank You to eakeller For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by andrei1089 View Post
How much does it cost to ship it to Romania?
I think it's around $2 US per pound (plus taxes).

Tim

Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
I think it's around $2 US per pound (plus taxes).

Tim
$2/lb? To Romania?! I seriously hope you meant to type $20/lb! Super-easy to verify, just head over to www.usps.com and check the rates. The N810 box is probably about 3lbs (it's at home so I can't weigh it at the moment), so that's what I used for my estimated weight.

There are alternatives to USPS, especially when speed of delivery isn't an issue:

http://atlasshippingltd.com/1_transport_en1.php

Tim

There are alternatives to USPS, especially when speed of delivery isn't an issue:

http://atlasshippingltd.com/1_transport_en1.php

Tim
Thanks for the link Tim, but please read a bit further in your own link. Add the "Additional Mandatory Charges" of $10/package (Handling & Insurance), $6.50/package (Airport / Port Security Taxes) and 0.20 EU/kg (Possible Handling Fees in Romania). Read some more and you'll find out I'd have to ship the thing to NY in order to have them ship it to Romania. That's about another $6 minimum. Add it all up and you'll come up with quite a bit more than two bucks a pound.

If you read some more of the page you'll also see they don't ship batteries, so that would have to be removed from the package, drastically dropping its value. Kinda pointless, eh?

For the record, as it seems I must make this absolutely clear, I will only ship internationally via USPS Priority Mail or Express Mail International.

Thanks for the interest.

I saw the other charges (but they're not the only other shipping company), but I didn't see the "no battery" clause. Thanks for that. (Dynamite shipping does that too.)

Tim

I saw the other charges (but they're not the only other shipping company), but I didn't see the "no battery" clause. Thanks for that. (Dynamite shipping does that too.)

Tim
Yeah, kinda sucks that it costs forty bucks to stick a tiny box on a boat, but I guess that's just about the way it is. Still, if you can find a US retailer who ships to the EU for $40, I would be _really_ surprised!

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Free shipping to Canada and you've got a deal.
Qole, how about splitting shipping to Canada? Meet me halfway and we'll seal it up right now! I think it's about $10/ea. for Priority. If I'm wrong on the low end I'll refund the difference, if it costs more I'll eat the difference.

-Eric