Active Topics

Google gives me the impression this problem came up for OS2005, and I'm curious to hear if anyone has a solution before I drop JamVM/(other classpath-reliant solutions) and try something else.

JamVM works fine, but Classpath's libgtkpeer.so fails to load. Other JNI libraries are fine.

This, of course, precludes using Swing/AWT.

I was planning on trying Waba (not quite Java, but more likely to work) and Kaffe next.

Best,

Alexander Lash

Any log messages have hints? It might tell you what symbol is missing.

If you get a chance to post the jamvm binary/package you built, that would be much appreciated. I take it you can run cmd line Java apps OK?

Wes

Unfortunately I left my 770 in a different pair of pants: JamVM complains that it cannot find libgtkpeer.so --- but it finds all the other JNI libraries just fine, which leads me to believe it's something more sinister.

I'm going to work on Kaffe's peerless AWT later on: I'm in the last week of my internship and moving some 3,000 miles on Saturday, so I'm a wee bit distracted

Ahem.

Expect this deb to do horrible damage to your system. Anything less and I will be pleasantly surprised.

It contains a naive cross-compile of JamVM 1.4.3 and a compile of Classpath 0.9.1 using Jikes. Note that it is currently 8MB in size.

You will need to add /usr/local/bin to your path.

I am using the modified kernel with 2GB+ MMC support --- otherwise a rather normal system.

Installation tested ONLY with 'dpkg -i' and I have no idea if Application Installer works. I tend to avoid it.

JamVM and Classpath:
http://alexander.lash.googlepages.com/jamvm-1.4.3.deb

Hello world app (runs!):
http://alexander.lash.googlepages.co...WorldApp.class

I intend to have a full (if slow) J2SE or J2ME interpreter of some sort working as soon as possible. Feedback appreciated, but bear in mind I know all sorts of things don't work.