Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ It's dark in here. I hear laughing.
I am having problems with zooming in maemo-mapper. Any zooming makes maemo-mapper crash.

When I run it on the command line in an xterm, I get

Nokia-N810-50-2:~# maemo-mapper
maemo-mapper[1504]: GLIB WARNING ** Gtk - gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -24 and height 0
maemo-mapper[1504]: GLIB WARNING ** Gtk - gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -24 and height 0
maemo-mapper[1504]: GLIB DEBUG ConIc - con_ic_connection_send_event(0xf4c18, HopeWLAN, WLAN_INFRA, 0)
gdbm fatal: write error

It always ends with a write error.

Memory/disks are not full. /media/mmc2 is at 89% (this is where the Gstreet.db resides). This did seem to come on slowly, however. This was working for a while today. Now it crashes on any zoom -- in or out.

Most recent version of MM (2.3.4?) on OS 2008.

Help!

-- Mike

No idea if this is any help to you, but yesterday MM started to constantly crash when zooming.... *never* had problems with MM before. This was happening while I was running without virtual memory set up (problems with mmc) ... the MM problem went away immediatly following the recreation of a swap file.

The Following User Says Thank You to chrisak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ It's dark in here. I hear laughing.
Actually, that was very helpful, Chrisak. I played with swap space only to discover that my internal memory was unwritable...corrupt. After I reformatted the drive, all is well.

Thanks.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Greece, Athens
Got almost the same problem.
After using maemo mapper for more than a year, it suddenly started crashing when I zoom in specific locations.

The last lines I get:
Code:
maemo-mapper[1515]: GLIB CRITICAL ** Gtk - gtk_widget_show: assetion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
maemo-mapper[1515]: GLIB CRITICAL ** Gtk - gtk_widget_destroy: assetion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
gdbm fatal: read error

I tried reinstall but didn't work.
I deleted the database file (GStreet) and created a new one, but the problem started appeared in the new one, too.
The strange thing is that Google Satellite (GSat) haven't shown any similar problems, only Google Maps.