Active Topics

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Hi,

Here is a quick mod I done to application manager, now you won't get the "install at your own risk message".

Backup your application list as mine got deleted and install this deb through dpkg

I've tested this fine on my N800. Tell me if you get any dependency errors as I've been messing with apt and libstdc in my Scratchbox but I downgraded back to Chinook osso components so all should be fine.

For your convience, the original application manager which will annoy you with Nokia messages, can be found here:
http://repository.maemo.org/pool/chi....0.2_armel.deb

EDIT: Hildon Application Manager will show in the list of things to be updated, don't update unless you hate this mod.(Check linuxrebel's post below).
Also you may be able to do "dpkg --extract hildon-application-manager_2.0.2_armel.deb /" to avoid getting back the app list. I haven't tried it out however. Let me know if you do please.
Attached Files
File Type: deb hildon-application-manager_2.0.2_armel.deb (123.5 KB, 309 views)

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-04-17 at 15:27.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Silly-Con Valley
since this is based on Debian 'pinning' should work. Try editing /etc/apt/preferences as follows (file probably doeesn't exist yet.) This seems to work for me

Package: hildon-application-manager
Pin: version 2.0.2
Pin-Priority: 1001

save it, and for me at least, no problems with the IT wanting to upgrade this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to linuxrebel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Ah, thanks! I'll try that out.

EDIT: Still shows up for me.

EDIT2: Forgot version. Thanks, it works!

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-04-17 at 09:57.

Updated for diablo with the latest ssu (36-5).

I finally got round to making a patch with my changes:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2710

Vote if you want this dumbass warning to be removed.
Attached Files
File Type: deb hildon-application-manager_2.1.16_armel.deb (173.0 KB, 137 views)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post: