Active Topics

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Who will be first?

Mine:

Bugs:

Desktop:
- Google is missing in the search bar /fixed/
MicroB:
- Also present in Chinook - pressing the back/forward button not always go back (no indication that any command was issued too), it even happens on long-press after choosing even older page (managed to pin down this one - it can always be reproduced right after scrolling with stylus/finger) - /fixed in 23-14, however, look at the next/.
- Clicking on the address bar right after stylus/finger scroll opens the keyboard, then immediately closes it /introduced in 23-14/.
- Fullscreen change doesn't work while the page is loading. Looks like MicroB loses focus. If you first click somewhere in the window - then it works - /i believe this one is fixed - it is hard to reproduce, so i'm not sure/.
- Sometimes, when opening ITT in Diablo MicroB, i get this screen:

After some reloads, i get this screen:

Never happened before Diablo. /Not fixed in 21-4/
- New one as of 20-4: hard to describe (maybe ITT bug):
* Behavior in Chinook: Simple search in ITT (shown with js div with editbox and button) doesn't correctly bring up the virtual keyboard, only fullscreen keyboard can be used.
* Behavior in Diablo 20-4: The virtual keyboard is correctly brought up, but the js shown div closes as if loses focus. Fullscreen keyboard is also unusable due to this behavioir.

Modest /all messaging/:
- When the new message icon and the led are blinking, CPU usage is 30%. Seems too much for something possibly working for hours (don't know if it takes so much while sleeping)
PDF Viewer:
- In fullscreen mode, the buttons for page change are too close to the borders and harder to press, maybe the image viewer button margins will be more appropriate.
RCCOM:
- Invisible state is still not working, goes to Away. /old Chinook one/

Feature Requests:

Application Manager:
- The refresh button to be enabled on the main screen, not just in update and install.
Calculator:
- Fullscreen mode.
- Other calculator modes: Scientific at least.
Contacts:
- Some way to update contact info of a single or multiple contacts. Preferably on right click.

Last edited by Bundyo; 2008-06-13 at 20:36.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Initfs provided in diablo is too big to flash on n800 and once stripped of crap, using it sends n800 into reboot loop- Hence me creating my own off chinook one.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Initfs provided in diablo is too big to flash on n800 and once stripped of crap, using it sends n800 into reboot loop- Hence me creating my own off chinook one.
FYI, that won't be one I'll be reporting-- there will be release packages supporting N800, N810 and N810W without need for modification.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
FYI, that won't be one I'll be reporting-- there will be release packages supporting N800, N810 and N810W without need for modification.
cool, any idea why nokia made it impossible to flash in this version?

From what I see, n810w has bigger initfs but nokia should have thought it wouldn't flash on n800 and n810 :/

It doesn't enable the hidden secret in the N810... I was hoping it would.

I want my built in coffee maker...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA

From what I see, n810w has bigger initfs but nokia should have thought it wouldn't flash on n800 and n810 :/
You guys are scraping up stuff that isn't formally released.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
You guys are scraping up stuff that isn't formally released.
Yes, we don't even know if this initfs was intended for N800.

They probably have thought of that; but why maintain two versions the whole way through development, when you know you can just rip the extra stuff out after you've gotting it working right?

Ok

Here's an annoyance, we have 2 E-Mail's in the menu, call one modest

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Ok

Here's an annoyance, we have 2 E-Mail's in the menu, call one modest
We? Who we? I do not have...

(But then again I did flash to Diablo with the way it supposed to happen once Diablo is released.)