Active Topics

Any ideas? Search fails me, even though I have a feeling someone else is going to find a similar topic.

When I open up a .cbr file in Comix, it will only show the first half of the book, give or take- then it skips to the next, shows half, then again.

Ideas?

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
That is strange -- how much free space do you have on your main partition? (the best command to show it should be: "df -h" on the console).

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Rezigrene View Post
Any ideas? Search fails me, even though I have a feeling someone else is going to find a similar topic.

When I open up a .cbr file in Comix, it will only show the first half of the book, give or take- then it skips to the next, shows half, then again.

Ideas?
comix crashed a lot on my n810, until I enabled virtual memory. Since that, it worked great.

You can also try evince, a general purpose reader which can open also cbr and cbz comics, among other ebook formats such as pdf. I have to say that, without virtual memory, evince also crashed a lot on big documents (such as comics).

I have 128MB of VM enabled (I think that's the max you can have). On my main partition (I'm guessing you mean my SD cards) I have ~2GB and ~7GB free, give or take.

Originally Posted by Rezigrene View Post
I have 128MB of VM enabled (I think that's the max you can have). On my main partition (I'm guessing you mean my SD cards) I have ~2GB and ~7GB free, give or take.
Unfortunately, comix does not use the SD cards for temp storage -- an oversight on my part, sorry. <_<; I modified it to use ~/.comix (I think) because the /tmp folder was too small, but if you are running out of space, that could be why it is only going so far -- if so, you can either do a symlink or I can throw together a fix, hopefully!

I have been meaning to make the temp folder be user configurable and/or have an option to use the SD cards, but haven't yet because my new job has been devouring all my time. Sorry...

The Following User Says Thank You to ldrn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Spain
If you can, split your book in serveral zip files: book01.zip, book02.zip,book03.zip,...Comix automatically load next file. That works fine for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to rscasas For This Useful Post:
How do I make a symlink?

Splitting up 106 comics isn't really feasible.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rezigrene For This Useful Post:
Try...
rm -r ~/.comix
(That's to remove the old one.)
Then:
mkdir /media/mmc1/comix
ln -s /media/mmc1/comix /home/user/.comix

The Following User Says Thank You to ldrn For This Useful Post:
I was having trouble loading larger .cbr and .cbz files, but this fixed it right up. Thanks!