Active Topics

Hey Everyone,

I keep seeing mention of a home screen script launcher that will let you run custom scripts with the click of a button. I also hear that this program will let you view CPU usage as well as kill processes. Is this true or did I dream up this magic application?

If the app exists, what is it called and where can I find it?

Thanks,

Comitizer

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing

You could also use Pipeline's 'linkmaker' utility to add your own menuitems to the main menu.

osso-statusbar-cpu?

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston, texas
I like Kerez...

Works on 2007 & 2008

Get kerez!!!

I've been looking for it too. I found load-applet but I don't see an option for running scripts or cli commands. I thought it was supposed to be called load-applet-run and I thought there was another one called simple-launcher. Haven't been able to find either one, but I'm also having trouble with maemo.org/contrib repository.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by charshep View Post
I thought there was another one called simple-launcher. Haven't been able to find either one
Here's Simple Launcher. It says it's for OS2007 but I find it works fine on OS2008, it just doesn't have transparency (trivial visual effect).

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Just found Kerez too. How does it compare? Kerez looks good but I'm worried about its alpha status.

While I'm on the topic, what other tricks are people doing to make the xterm more usable? For example, I can't find a way to access command history.

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
if you press up on the dpad...you will get your command history