Active Topics

Notices

I have Pidgin 2.3.1 on a Nokia n810.

When I run the application, the first thing I see is the Buddy list. When I click a chat room (I use XMPP mostly), the display changes to the chat room I just joined.

Sometimes, the Buddy List is still there as a second window. This is, I think, how it ought to be.

Sometimes, when the chat window opens, the Buddy List disappears, and I can't seem to find any way of showing it again other than closing the current chat window.

As far as I know, I am not doing anything different: whether I can still see the Buddy List after opening a chat window appears to be random.

Am I missing something here? Or is this a known bug?

Try clicking the Pidgin icon in the status bar. This will bring back the buddy list. Actually I like this (new) behaviour. Keeps the window list lean.

There is no Pidgin icon in the task bar (assuming you mean the icon tray, where the sound and brightness icons are), and even if there were, when I am running Pidgin I do not have that visible (I run it full screen).

So this random hiding of the Buddy List would not be a good thing, even if it were consistent, which it is not.

I take it that this is simply a bug. Does anyone know if the dev team is aware of it? Where would I go to check their bug database, and add this if it is not already there?

Last edited by bblackmoor; 2008-02-15 at 18:09.

I think by taskbar, the poster means icon tray. And to turn it on you have to change it in the options/preferences. I have mine to show whenever there's a message waiting for me.

And I get around the hiding of the buddy list with the other message notifications plugins. Some option in there determines the chat window's location which then leaves the Pidgin window up in the taskbar.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I think by taskbar, the poster means icon tray.
Yes, sorry. Thanks!

Originally Posted by bblackmoor View Post
There is no Pidgin icon in the task bar (assuming you mean the icon tray, where the sound and brightness icons are), and even if there were, when I am running Pidgin I do not have that visible (I run it full screen).

So this random hiding of the Buddy List would not be a good thing, even if it were consistent, which it is not.

I take it that this is simply a bug. Does anyone know if the dev team is aware of it? Where would I go to check their bug database, and add this if it is not already there?
This error still exists on the latest Pidgin 2.5.1 on newest n810

I don't remember having this problem with my 770 over a year ago.. (i didnt have it long before whitescreen of death took it away)
nor do I remember Pidgin being as SLOW as it is on my n810.

I do remember this disappearing act being an issue with previous versions of pidgin on the n810.

I push the HOME button (square on a square) to make the contact list re-appear.

The Following User Says Thank You to odius For This Useful Post: