Active Topics

everytime i go to package manager and try to install a file i get an error telling my kdc-mmc1 needs to be installed and it can't locate it. need some help

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by paramedic.zimmerman View Post
everytime i go to package manager and try to install a file i get an error telling my kdc-mmc1 needs to be installed and it can't locate it. need some help
Can you provide more information?

Do you have KDE installed? Or you had it installed and you removed it?

Can you please post what error is showing in application manager?

Open menu > Tools > Log

Can you paste it out here so we can see?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

I have the most recent penguinbait build installed. I originally tried to install the version you had to download 3 different files and the downloads never worked right cause the file sizes were wrong. I am getting a kde-mmc1 in my application manager that will not uninstall. My new install of linux is having an issue with this left over from the first install. I know, I should have flashed and started fresh, but I am working offshore and didn't have a way to flash it here. Is there a way to remove the kde-mmc1 reference in application manger so I can do updates on the new linux install? I have tried a force removal using dpkg -r --force-remove-resintreq kde-mmc1 but it will not do it. Not real experienced with Linux so be basic with help if you can. When i try and uninstall kde-mmc1 I get the following
package manager says: the package kde-mmc1 needs to reinstalled, but i can't find an achrive for it.

Last edited by paramedic.zimmerman; 2008-05-27 at 14:20.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by paramedic.zimmerman View Post
I have the most recent penguinbait build installed. I originally tried to install the version you had to download 3 different files and the downloads never worked right cause the file sizes were wrong. I am getting a kde-mmc1 in my application manager that will not uninstall. My new install of linux is having an issue with this left over from the first install. I know, I should have flashed and started fresh, but I am working offshore and didn't have a way to flash it here. Is there a way to remove the kde-mmc1 reference in application manger so I can do updates on the new linux install? I have tried a force removal using dpkg -r --force-remove-resintreq kde-mmc1 but it will not do it. Not real experienced with Linux so be basic with help if you can. When i try and uninstall kde-mmc1 I get the following
package manager says: the package kde-mmc1 needs to reinstalled, but i can't find an achrive for it.

Do this

rm -rf /var/lib/dpkg/kde-mmc1*

now open application manager and remove the package
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Still get same message about needing to reinstall and can't find archive

rm -rf /var/lib/dpkg/kde-mmc1.*
dpkg -r --force-remove-reinstreq kde-mmc1

This worked but crashed my linux install, so had to reinstall SD, remove it here and now I am loading linux again now.
Thanks for help

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35