Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
heyy i got my n900 in february and so far i don't see any updates to make the system better. first no MMS .. like wooooh i was dissapointed. the music player doesn't let me do my own playlist??? coming from a G1 was getting use to google maps and ovi maps is just a pain in the neck and there is now voice either. Downloaded it firefox is it me or it runs kind of laggy on the N900??

so now im thinking about selling it. i know some of you are going to tell me keep it updates are coming... i got my g1 at launch and by this time we were about to get Android OS 1.6 . I see lack of apps for my N900 too I mean i like to show it off to my friends but they don't see nothing new on it .

Last edited by chemist; 2010-05-10 at 12:23.

What exactly do you need from the phone appwise?

Sell it. If you can't make up your own mind, then the device and what it does offer are not important to you.

If a perpetual flood of "new" is important to you, then perhaps a more pedestrian device is in order.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 99 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ecuador
this kind of post remembers me about lamebook...

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
if you cant convince yourself then there's no chance we can.
what are you looking for in a device?
what kind of apps n features do you want?
p.s: have you tried fmms for sending mms

i mean like apps to make your own ringtones or a least a better map. i love the emails capabilities but sometimes it keeps disconnecting me from my 3G network (Tmobile) and i have to reconnect or reboot. how about no MMS?

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
There's a lot of stuff you could've found out about before hand. For example, the N900's 'lack' of MMS was one of those thinga widely publicized because, well it was about the only feature the common Joe would now what it is.

The strongpoints of the N900 for me is the browser combined with great multitasking. The open OS that can be tweaked ad infinitum. The N900 also packs a mean soindchip, making it a music player that (by sound quality) blows iXX products out of the water.

The stock Media player has a funny logic into doing playlists, but it is possible. You just need to figure it out. The media player could be changed, however.

If you need this kind of convincing, however, and seeing that you actually stil hold the G1 as a reference point would suggest to me that this isn't necessarily the phone for you.

Not hatin', just sayin'.

The Following User Says Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tonyny13 View Post
i mean like apps to make your own ringtones or a least a better map. i love the emails capabilities but sometimes it keeps disconnecting me from my 3G network (Tmobile) and i have to reconnect or reboot. how about no MMS?
  1. Do you want a map or voice guided nav?
  2. I haven't experienced the 3G disconnect so you might have to elaborate
  3. have you tried fMMS?
  4. Example of ringtone making app?

The Following User Says Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
  1. Do you want a map or voice guided nav?
  2. I haven't experienced the 3G disconnect so you might have to elaborate
  3. have you tried fMMS?
  4. Example of ringtone making app?
I'm not saying i don't like it. fmms? can i download it from the app manager? yea like voice guided. I used to have ringdroid for google to make ringtones. Is there any other music player available for it? I don't know why it disconnects from my 3g network (NY area). Again people don't post if your are going to tell me i suck for not keeping i just need some tips i love the multitasking feats plus i put an i7 sticker so everytime i open the keyboard people are like "wooh"lolz

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
you wanna sell it - sell it. if you don't, why would somebody care what phone other person have. for our luck - people have choice of getting any phone in the world.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread