Active Topics

I started noticing this a while ago. It makes pressing button accurately quite a pain. Is it like this for anybody else? Here's a quick demonstration with my ms paint skills since I don't have a camera on me right now
________
Public Sex
Attached Images

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 13:01.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland

I took a photo of my N900 (photoshopped just a bit to make it more clear). I'm guessing your screen is similar. Probably normal.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
You mean that you are not exactly touching the screen but bezel which is ~0.5-1mm above it?

Yes I have noticed and never had any trouble with it. Normally when using N900 I watch it directly. I suppose that if you tilt it enough you might have problems but I never have had.

Originally Posted by Ministeri View Post

I took a photo of my N900 (photoshopped just a bit to make it more clear). I'm guessing your screen is similar. Probably normal.
Yeah, this is exactly how mine is. Man, I wish I could take i apart and somehow raise it since I find it very annoying when I try to press on small links when browsing.
________
Big dick videos

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 13:01.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
Yeah, this is exactly how mine is. Man, I wish I could take i apart and somehow raise it since I find it very annoying when I try to press on small links when browsing.
I suppose that you are using stylus. Use finger. Yes itīs weird. Touch screen seems to recognize it and just selects link which is about in center where you finger touches. I haven't used stylus for quite awhile when I noticed that. Also sometimes with stylus it feels that it suddenly stops activating links. It recognizes touch but for some reason it doesn't activate link just selects it. With finger it activates links bit better.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
I suppose that you are using stylus. Use finger. Yes it?s weird. Touch screen seems to recognize it and just selects link which is about in center where you finger touches. I haven't used stylus for quite awhile when I noticed that. Also sometimes with stylus it feels that it suddenly stops activating links. It recognizes touch but for some reason it doesn't activate link just selects it. With finger it activates links bit better.
Actually I use my fingernail most of the time. Oh well, I just use swirl zoom when links get really small.
________
GIRLFRIEND PIC

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 13:02.

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by slender View Post
It recognizes touch but for some reason it doesn't activate link just selects it.
Someone here on TMO suggested that clearing the browser history helps for this. It might have been a placebo effect, but I tried it once and it seemed to help.

Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
I started noticing this a while ago. It makes pressing button accurately quite a pain. Is it like this for anybody else?
I suppose having some extra room between the touchable surface and the actual screen is there in order to protect the screen.

If you are having trouble hitting things, make sure your touchscreen is properly calibrated. If you are typically using the device in a way you're looking it at an angle, you can actually calibrate the touchscreen for that.

The default drawing app, used with stylus, is good for checking calibration.