just thought I would nip this in the bud right now....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows...m_requirements

Minimum requirementsMicrosoft has said that it is issuing "tough, but fair" hardware requirements to manufacturers.[95] All Windows Phone 7 devices, at minimum, must include the following:[96][97]

Minimum Windows Phone 7 device requirements

Capacitive, 4-point multi-touch screen with WVGA (800x480) resolution

1 GHz ARM v7 "Cortex/Scorpion" or better processor

DirectX9 rendering-capable GPU

256 MB of RAM with at least 8 GB of Flash memory

Accelerometer with compass, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor and Assisted GPS

5-megapixel camera with an LED flash

FM radio tuner

6 dedicated hardware buttons - back, Start, search, camera, power/sleep and Volume Up and Down.[

so that pretty much seals our fate. if Meego really does come to fruition (and not get cancelled in a couple months), then that's our last stop.

Eh? who here would migrate down to wp7 ?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to leetnoob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
WP7 does not meet my requirements. So there. :-P

Also worth noting that N900 doesn't meet the MeeGo Handset minimum requirements, either.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Better question would be, who cares?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joppu For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Although this is very alarming to read i very much doubt the N900 is out of sync with any new OS but for capacitive screens, now there could be a problem that can be overcome with software.

WP7 does not meet n900 requirements.

TFTFY

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 41 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Guatemala
who cares that wp7 does not deserve to be on my n900

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
cant help looking at the requirements for WP7 and comparing them to normal PC usage like:
We all know that using ubuntu, mint, fedora etc... the memory usage goes down compared to Win Vista/7 (thinking that 8 will probably use 2GB ram just for the system)
I have a lot of old laptops and have tried installing various OS on them, with 7 i could barely use the laptop, by contrast using ubuntu it just goes and everything works.

So WP7 probably have those high CPU/Ram specs to do what my old N95 could do with 333MHz

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
cant help looking at the requirements for WP7 and comparing them to normal PC usage like:
We all know that using ubuntu, mint, fedora etc... the memory usage goes down compared to Win Vista/7 (thinking that 8 will probably use 2GB ram just for the system)
I have a lot of old laptops and have tried installing various OS on them, with 7 i could barely use the laptop, by contrast using ubuntu it just goes and everything works.

So WP7 probably have those high CPU/Ram specs to do what my old N95 could do with 333MHz
I understand what you are saying, and I agree.

what I'm trying to say by posting this is, MS isn't gonna take the n900 under its wing and convert it to win phone 7.

Most people seem to not care about this.

I posted it so people don't ask the question later (as stated in the first line of the first post)