Active Topics

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Ipswich, England
There are times when it would be convenient not to be connected to the cellular network. Not just silent, but actually completely disconnected so the network can't see me. But with the N900 still functioning as a computer (which is what I bought it for in the first place).

Is there a way to do this apart from taking the SIM card out? That would work, but as the SIM's behind the battery would require a power-down first, which I don't want.

Thanks.

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Antwerp Belgium
Originally Posted by beermad View Post
There are times when it would be convenient not to be connected to the cellular network. Not just silent, but actually completely disconnected so the network can't see me. But with the N900 still functioning as a computer (which is what I bought it for in the first place).
Thanks.
How about the Offline modus at the power menu...
Attached Images

surfing the web, navigate, chat, ttweet, email, scan, hack, share, tweak...
.....................and you can also use him to make a call

Last edited by peter2p; 2012-02-29 at 21:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to peter2p For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by beermad View Post

Is there a way to do this apart from taking the SIM card out? That would work, but as the SIM's behind the battery would require a power-down first, which I don't want.

Thanks.
assuming you would like to stay connected to a WLAN, you could choose the "Tablet Mode" rather then "Offline";
"Tablet Mode" actually turns OFF the GSM Modem and only leaves the WLAN MoDem on

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
assuming you would like to stay connected to a WLAN, you could choose the "Tablet Mode" rather then "Offline";
"Tablet Mode" actually turns OFF the GSM Modem and only leaves the WLAN MoDem on
This requires the cell-modem-ui package, correct?

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by ZedThou View Post
This requires the cell-modem-ui package, correct?
Correct.
[10 characters]

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ffha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Ipswich, England
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
Just what I was looking for. Thanks.