Active Topics

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Los Angeles
Ok well a few days ago, I turned off my n900 and went to sleep. The next morning, it wouldn't turn on. I plugged in the charger and after about 5 minutes it turned on with 0% batter. Any ideas why this happened? And no, i wasn't on nitdroid.

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom, Huddersfield
Well, since I wasn't there watching your phone all night, I have no idea what happened...

The best thing, I think, you can do is run htop to see if anything is hogging CPU time.

is it overclocked? loads of widgets? left online all night? (MSN, skype etc) ??

need more info

Originally Posted by garen View Post
Ok well a few days ago, I turned off my n900 and went to sleep. The next morning, it wouldn't turn on. I plugged in the charger and after about 5 minutes it turned on with 0% batter. Any ideas why this happened? And no, i wasn't on nitdroid.
Did this happen after upgrading to PR 1.3? I have the same problem and in my case it turns out that 'browserd' will not shut down, unless you do so manually with X-terminal. Even when you are not using the browser, it uses up to 100% of the CPU. My N900 went dead within 60 minutes although was fully charged. I have not yet been able to solve the problem, even reflashing twice did not help..

Piet

Last edited by pietgispen; 2010-11-02 at 11:17.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
I turned off my n900 and went to sleep
So the battery discharged while the device was off.

I would say that there is either a problem with your battery, the bme, or you have a direct short somewhere in the device it's self.

Originally Posted by AliasXZ View Post
Well, since I wasn't there watching your phone all night, I have no idea what happened...

The best thing, I think, you can do is run htop to see if anything is hogging CPU time.

is it overclocked? loads of widgets? left online all night? (MSN, skype etc) ??

need more info
Yes, it's overclocked, but i keep it on stock unless I'm actually using it. All my internet connections were off before i turned off the phone.

Originally Posted by pietgispen View Post
Did this happen after upgrading to PR 1.3?
It happened the night I upgraded it to PR1.3 but it hasn't happened since.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Did you have connected USB/charger cable that night?

BTW, what does it mean "turned off" - was it powered off or you just locked N900 to black screen state?

Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
Did you have connected USB/charger cable that night?

BTW, what does it mean "turned off" - was it powered off or you just locked N900 to black screen state?
It wasn't connected to anything, and it was powered off.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
I've had a few instances (both "post 1.3" but i don't know if that's the reason) where the N900 went dead while plugged in to the charger.

I unplugged, replugged and it seemed to charge OK, reporting full within an hour or so.

The next time it happens (I hope it doesn't) what should I write down?

Originally Posted by RWFarley View Post
I've had a few instances (both "post 1.3" but i don't know if that's the reason) where the N900 went dead while plugged in to the charger.

I unplugged, replugged and it seemed to charge OK, reporting full within an hour or so.

The next time it happens (I hope it doesn't) what should I write down?
A few months ago, I noticed that the charging status message did not pop up when I plugged in the charger. lshal confirmed that it was not charging. Unplugging and replugging took care of it.

Since then, I always watch for the charging message. But it hasn't happened again, yet. I have not installed 1.3 yet.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ india
was going to create a new thread but looks like im not the only one with the battery drain problem
since last night cpu has been running at 100 percent. no applications in the back ground and no new apps installed
battery recharges fine and PR1.3 installed a week ago
3 hours idle battery time
any thoughts