Notices

1. What do you use, and what do you like better, and why?
Foreca ? or OMWeather ??

I like foreca because it's smaller, and the name. Forka. haha.

2. how do you organize your desktops??? I have all web shortcuts on one desktop, widgets on another, phone icons on another (messaging, phone, contacts, fmms) and games on another. I only have about 4 things on each desktop though. it's not full.

what about you guys?

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
1. I think OMweather has better functions, but Foreca works better in Finland and forecasts are more accurate. OMWeather uses forecasts from US? and Forecas forecast comes from Finland

2. I have 4 desktops. one for contacts, sms, quick links for most used contacts, mail and frals mms. Second is for widgets, like nameday, foreca, calendar widget and battery widget, At third i have bookmarks for microb and fourth i have shortcuts for applications

Last edited by mele; 2010-02-16 at 21:06.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Foreca, OMweather is too big, dunno about forecasts, they seems to be different in every service .....

OMWeather.

I love the interface and the ability to get weather for my current position (via GPS). Not sure if Foreca has that feature.

I use Foreca becasue:
-The Foreca widget leave room for other things on that desktop panel
-Foreca more accurate in my area

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
I use OMWeather, don't remember how Foreca looks, I tried both when I first got N900 and decided to use OMWeather.

I think OMWeather has more functions, can choose different widget looks and also allow installing different icon sets which I really like.

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
both weather apps have their pros and cons.
but i like the look of foreca more because it's black-grey and not white like omweather.
(why is omweather white?! all the other widgets are kept in black-grey ://)

as long as omweather has no option for making it darker for suiting most of the themes i will stick to foreca (:

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Foreca also has those lovely hourly reports for temperature and rain; they are quite accurate.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oklahoma
I use OMweather for the simple reason that when I use my favorite theme, BLK&WHT, I can't see the Foreca information.

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Moscow
I use foreca, because it's smaller. But forecasts for my area are not as accurate as at local services. I'll switch to OMweather if it will get data from them.

I have one desktop for web shortcuts, one for shortcuts and widgets I use often (it's full already) and one for things I use rarely. And I still have one clear desktop "for future".