Active Topics

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
http://www.jollausers.com/2015/05/sa...em-for-mobile/

Can this really be true? Am I alone in thinking this is NOT good news, case of selling out for cash IMHO.

Last edited by bockersjv; 2015-05-21 at 17:27.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Denmark
Who is the devil here? i think its awesome news!

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to totex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
http://www.jollausers.com/2015/05/sa...em-for-mobile/

Can this really be true? Am I alone in thinking this is NOT good news, case of selling out to the devil IMHO.
??? Would it be the same if EU finally did something, instead just complaining that US has monopoly in regards to mobile OSes? Sounds great really, if Russia wants to throw money at Jolla for 'russia specific' features, they will be able to expand and hire more people who can also work on core features of the base Sailfish (without backdoors) edit: also lets hope they can use this to promote sailfish for Brazil, they would be glad for NSA-less phone

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Very good news IMHO.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I concur. If russia licenses Sailfish from Jolla, they can tweak the evel details if tbey want to. It does not mean that those same details will show up in devices sold by Jolla. I do not mean that Russia would actually make any nasty modifications to their version of Sailfish, it it just something some people are afraid of.

You can compare this situation to that of android. There is the 'standard' version(s) of Sailfish from Jolla, (like vanilla Android from Google) and other licensees can tweak it to suit their equipment within the agreed upon boundaries (like other manufacturers are doing to theirs Android devices).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tsippaduida For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
that is indeed good news. coderus should be president of sailfish in russia. report direcly to Putin and outrank mark and the rest of the jollas.

does this even mean something in reallity?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Maybe you don't think through, but this is racist. if you think Russia is evil,
Well "Selling out to the devil" is a phrase and besides it was directed at the "Official" part. Not sure I would want to be dealing with the Kremlin. Good luck to them if that's what keeps Jolla going.

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Tsippaduida View Post
I concur. If russia licenses Sailfish from Jolla, they can tweak the evel details if tbey want to. It does not mean that those same details will show up in devices sold by Jolla. I do not mean that Russia would actually make any nasty modifications to their version of Sailfish, it it just something some people are afraid of.

You can compare this situation to that of android. There is the 'standard' version(s) of Sailfish from Jolla, (like vanilla Android from Google) and other licensees can tweak it to suit their equipment within the agreed upon boundaries (like other manufacturers are doing to theirs Android devices).
The question is if they'll use own HW, and if so they can put any evil things they want(see it as russian NSA things) and it would not be related to Jolla.
Or they would use Jolla branded devices and this case Jolla would not release source as it would be related to 3rd parties making the phones (at least that's why jolla do not give us flashable images)

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
lol, cooperation with any 3rd party partner is risky, why you think russian companies would include backdoors and trojans in system and others wont? don't be silly. anyway if any partner would want to do so jolla should restrict this activities. also in my vision russian aim is to get "sailfish secure" operating system to develop new devices for it, as some russian companies wanted to do it in past, but always based on android, but now they will have option to do secure operating system based on good android alternative os. peace.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Im pretty sure russia will include beneficial code if possibe, like the rest of the agressive countries(basically all big counties). would be good if the small countries decided and the big ones executed and paid.

russian dont doing anything for free plus not sure if this is real or just words. One thing is fishy. why no word from jolla?

anyways. I hope this mean somthing good for the growths of sail.

source?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-05-18 at 12:30.