Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Yes, I know that there are a lot of reboot loop threads. But in those qole also says "I had to think back to what I was last doing to figure out what had cause it." So I thought I'd ask you guys if you knew what I could have done.

I was using emelfm2 to poke around /home/user/.mozilla/microb for the userContent.css file. (I didn't see one). I had opened xterm, gained root, and then opened emelfm2. Then I did something--but without having touched a file in /.mozilla. I think all I did was accidentally close emelfm2 and xterm. So I wanted to go back into xterm, but on the next attempt it wouldn't load/open. So I tried to reboot, and that's what I get the loop.

If I choose to boot from SD, it says just sits there and then reboots. If I choose to boot from flash, the thing just goes dark, shuts down.

I'm happy to reflash and restore my SD from the backup I made yesterday. But I'm really interested in what in the world happened.

Any and all thoughts are much appreciated.

Last edited by lm2; 2008-11-04 at 20:27.

I posted some tips to track down causes here http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=22606 . However since putting my n800 r&d mode and disabeling the watchdog I haven't had a reboot loop in 4 months. Not a 'proper' solution maybe but it works for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to iamthewalrus For This Useful Post: