Active Topics

I've been using this video converter, and the videos don't always play.
The tendency seems to be that the video will play only once after the included (stock) Media Player is started. Then, if you press play again, it will "think" for a moment then just show the video icon with the filename in the playback window.
Is this a problem others have experienced? Is it the included Media Player that's, more than likely, causing this problem?
Thanks,
bvsciguy

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
A bug has already been raised on bugzilla. Don't think anybody has come up with any non-Nokia fixes so far.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 183 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Mountain View, CA
Sorry if this is redundant as I have not been following this bug in Bugzilla -- but is this bug reproducible with other video converters?

It'd be good to know as that could isolate the cause of the problem.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by vbrilon View Post
Sorry if this is redundant as I have not been following this bug in Bugzilla -- but is this bug reproducible with other video converters?

It'd be good to know as that could isolate the cause of the problem.
The bugzilla bug has occured with a ride gamut of videos for me with no noticeable pattern related to converters (although most of my stuff is out of tablet-encode).

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Mountain View, CA
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
The bugzilla bug has occured with a ride gamut of videos for me with no noticeable pattern related to converters (although most of my stuff is out of tablet-encode).
Yep, exactly what I was interested in. All those encoders use mencoder as their backend. If you can reproduce the same problem with the Nokia provided video encoder, can you post that fact in the Bugzilla report?

When I get back to work in a week or so, I'll try to ping one of the Nokia guys who'd know about this and see what's going on with it. But the encoder info would be a very useful piece of info to have.