Notices

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Liverpool, UK
Hi, i've had this beautiful device for a few days and I love it, but for some reason it's developed an odd fault.

All my media disappeared from the library. It's still saved in the internal memory, in the correct .sounds and .videos folders, but when I try and select them it'll either say "(no songs)" or "(no videos)"

Now and then, the "Retrieving information on the new media files..." message will appear, first telling me it'll be half an hour, then dropping to 8 minutes, then disappearing altogether.

I've tried rebooting it many times, and deleting all media from the device and putting it back again, no luck.

Any ideas?
thanks..

IT happened to me and I just formatted the phone mem and it's never happened since

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I presume you're not using it in mass-storage mode, right?

Formatted?? I've just spent about two days glued to the thing setting it all up right. Maybe as a last resort I will..

And nope, it's not in mass storage mode. Is anyone that daft?

The Following User Says Thank You to adamFsmith For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by adamFsmith View Post
And nope, it's not in mass storage mode. Is anyone that daft?
*raises hand

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Formatted?? I've just spent about two days glued to the thing setting it all up right. Maybe as a last resort I will..
People here flash their device when they face any problems, glad that someone feels the same as I do... Tracker daemon (/usr/lib/tracker/trackerd) indexes your media. My first guess would be that there's something wrong with the indexing. Just a guess though, don't know anything about your kind of problems. People who have added massive amounts of media have reported some performance problems, since the tracker might consume lots of CPU for some reason.

The Following User Says Thank You to naabi For This Useful Post:
So basically there's not much I can do bar formatting it? I don't have a massive amount of media, just 5gb of music and 1.3gb of video.

I've spent almost as much time gloating to my iPhone-sporting freinds about how much better Maemo is as I have setting the damn thing up, so starting again from scratch would be a complete disaster..

So basically there's not much I can do bar formatting it? I don't have a massive amount of media, just 5gb of music and 1.3gb of video.

I've spent almost as much time gloating to my iPhone-sporting freinds about how much better Maemo is as I have setting the damn thing up, so starting again from scratch would be a complete disaster..
You could try killing your tracker cache and forcing a re-cache

tracker-processes --hard-reset

Will kill the process and remove all dbs.

Then run

/etc/osso-af-init/tracker.sh start

That might help.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
That worked perfectly.

Thank you very, very much!

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
You could try killing your tracker cache and forcing a re-cache

tracker-processes --hard-reset

Will kill the process and remove all dbs.

Then run

/etc/osso-af-init/tracker.sh start

That might help.
Could you dumb this down a hair for me please?

I know next-to-nothing about Linux... Do these commands have anything to do with X Terminal? I tried them in X Terminal, but when I do tracker-process --hard-reset...
Oops, never-mind, it's processes... plural.

Sweet, this worked for me too, thanks a ton Bratag!