The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to besides For This Useful Post:
Well, I already using this since i got my n900. it work great. love it. already been using it for 2months now.

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Beside ebay where else can I pick up an nokia n900 car charger thats the only thing I'm missing for my phone right now I looked a couple months ago and didn't find anything. Guess I can check amazon again but any tips would be great

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ space coast
i picked up an inverter that plugs into my cigeretter lighter plug. Now i just use the supplied AC adaptors for each gadget i have. Has enough power to charge the laptop as well.

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
I just found an car charge on amazon I'm about to order it now

Will this model allow the FM transmitter to work while charging?
TIA

The Following User Says Thank You to Warpt1 For This Useful Post:
Any of those USB car adapters using your existing USB cable should do. Amazon has a ton of them. Check out the reviews first. Many online cell phone outfits have them too. Not that the N900 needs that much juice, I'd choose a model that puts out the 1.5 amps the stock N900 charger is rated for.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I have this charger and whilst it works well you cannot use the N900 to play music as the charger does not screen out engine noice. Am about to fit a choke to it but was suprised that I needed to

Originally Posted by KurrentEweser View Post
Any of those USB car adapters using your existing USB cable should do. Amazon has a ton of them. Check out the reviews first. Many online cell phone outfits have them too. Not that the N900 needs that much juice, I'd choose a model that puts out the 1.5 amps the stock N900 charger is rated for.
^not sure about that

I tried this (see attached picture) and it did not work with the N900 usb cable nor with its own universal micro-usb plug. Apparently the 2 inner contacts of the 4 present in the usb must be shorted for charging to be possible from a "dumb" power source.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to besides For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by besides View Post
^not sure about that

I tried this (see attached picture) and it did not work with the N900 usb cable nor with its own universal micro-usb plug. Apparently the 2 inner contacts of the 4 present in the usb must be shorted for charging to be possible from a "dumb" power source.
I tried the N900 USB cable on my Tekkeon USB phone mobile charger and the N900 did not indicate that it was charging. But using the Tekkeon supplied universal cable and Nokia micro USB adapter, the N900 started charging right away. So having the the right adapter is important. Just having a source of 5 volts isn't enough. I bet the pictured adapter would have worked with an adapter with a Nokia pin out.