Active Topics

Hi you All,
The thing that has puzzled me most with my N800 is the amazing difficulty to find a "simple and stupid" way to create playlists for my music. While the N800 is truly an enjoyable gadget and all, I reeeeally miss having the opprtunity to use the good old playlists!

Could anyone of you tell me how to use playlists in N800 please!?

At the moment Im using Canola, but Ive tried UKMP and Kagu and the standard player as well. All of those are obvioiusly suitable for the basic listening and even have automatic album art and all but to me they are still missing one BIG thing...playlist creation.

Is there f.ex. any way to make a playlist in Windows Media Player and import that to N800? I mean Ive tried that as well but f.ex. Canola does not find any list that I create and I guess the other players do not even have such an option.

Btw, Im truly sorry if this has already been explained somewhere in here, Im just so desperate with this issue that I had to start a new thread...

Last edited by ARock; 2007-09-29 at 12:35.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by ARock View Post
Is there f.ex. any way to make a playlist in Windows Media Player and import that to N800? I mean Ive tried that as well but f.ex. Canola does not find any list that I create and I guess the other players do not even have such an option.
Since you are using windows, i would propose to check "the Godfather".

It's the best program to rename/tag your music files and can create *.m3u playlists (also in batch mode) which can be then used mostly everywhere (including the N800's players). It actually does much more and it saved my life..

Hope you find it useful.
Chris

Ahh. Forgot to say that its completely free and if you like it consider donating (if you can) to such great guys who make stuff like this!

Thanks a lot for your kind advice!

Ill be sure to check that out... it might well save my life too

Saturn: Thanks for your pointer to the "Godfather" application. I've been trying out a number of other recommended tag-editing programs in order to put my individual mp3 song titles into a format itemized appropriately (for me) by Kagu, but this is the first one that has worked. The other ones might have eventually worked also, but this is the one that provided me a sufficient glimmering of what needed to be done to attain the results I was striving for.