Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ italy
HI guys, I got rDesktop on my n800 in these days and i must say that is a killer application for these devices, but the only thing that brake me to have a full sesktop pc werever i want, is the fact that i cannot enstabilish a connection with my pc (win xp pro ) if i have a connection thought bluetooth with my phone (an e51 ) and strangely, it cannot managed a connection with a public wifi hotspot ... is there a solution for that???
will the things change if i will use vnc?
please help me!

PS: if i use rDesktop with sounds on the tablet, i cannot hear anithing....it's so distorted!!! can i have a solution fot that??

thanks!!!

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Is your port forwarded properly?

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

I set up only the ip of my pc, the domani, and the password... and it works with my wifi connection in home! but not with other connection or bluetooth...
how can i forward?

Originally Posted by pinguino89 View Post
I set up only the ip of my pc, the domani, and the password... and it works with my wifi connection in home! but not with other connection or bluetooth...
how can i forward?
Goto google, type in your router brand and "port forward". If you set a weak password, be prepared for some company on your PC.

and what's the number of the port that rDesktop uses???

Last edited by pinguino89; 2009-07-15 at 03:08.

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
and what's the number of the port that rDesktop uses???
The port number is 3389.

hello, I've tested with various hotspots and with the cell connection (both with bluetooth and with joikuspot on the e51 to have wifi) and continues to tell me "connection refused"... why??? ç____ç

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
hello, I've tested with various hotspots and with the cell connection (both with bluetooth and with joikuspot on the e51 to have wifi) and continues to tell me "connection refused"... why??? ç____ç

Am having the same problem.
I'll try the above instructions tomorrow.

i port-forwarded but it continues to give me the same error....forwading port 5800\5900 i tried also vnc but the same error again....