Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Romania
Hi!
I am very new to Maemo and its apps.I have finally downloaded FreOffice and it works...well it does with docs,but if I try an excel file it crashes.I have no idea why.Tried several times (it happens sometimes to experience a crash with other apps but after 2-3 tries the app works)but FreOffice crashes every time I try to view the excel file.
What to do?And please try to avoid programing stuff...I'm not familiar with Lynux related programing.

Can please someone give me an idea?Maybe another app that I could use to read xcell files?

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by karaan25 View Post
Can please someone give me an idea?Maybe another app that I could use to read xcell files?
If you install Easy Debian you can run OpenOffice, but it will take some time and space to install.

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by karaan25 View Post
Try Gnumeric from Extras-devel.

I saw in this thread some apps don't work after upgrading to PR 1.3

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Mainz, Germany
After update to PR1.3 FreOffice 2.9 crashed on my N900. I removed it after seeing similar reports here in the forum and to wait for the upcoming update which supports PR1.3. I also removed the config files (with dpkg -P .... ).

Just out of curiosity, I re-installed FreOffice 2.9 and now it works. Strange! Maybe this also works as temporary workaround for some of you desperately waiting for the FreOffice update.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Mainz, Germany
Short update: Apparently, this workaround seems to work only once. Let's wait for the FreOffice update, sorry guys!

Luckily Gnumeric from extras-devel works perfectly for spreadsheets ...

Thank you for your answers. I have instaled Gnumeric.
I read about EasyDebian that it needs 2.5gb which is more than I have for installed apps. And it seems to me that you have to know some programing...

Thank you all!!

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Sigtuna, Sweden
If you have enough space on a memory card,
Easy-Debian can be instlled via the App. Manager,
at least on an N8x0.
Probably as easy on an N900.

( No programming skill needed.)

It crashes on my phone too when I have the plugins installed. But once I deleted them, program ran as normal.

The Following User Says Thank You to msaalli For This Useful Post: