My N900 was returned due to a defect and receiving an exchange prior to the rebate deadline wasn't an option. Thus, aside from the N900, what are some good comparable smartphones that work with T-Mobile's 3G frequency (1700/2100)?

Last edited by davetech; 2009-12-10 at 22:39.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
If you go to http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/...st_shop_phones and click on the 3G checkbox, it will give you all the T-Mobile 3G phones. Outside of the N900, those are pretty much the only ones

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
At present time, there are only a couple of unlocked smartphones that work on T-mobile USA 3G.

1. Pharos 137 - WM platform, I hear that it is still a WIP, but it also sounds like Pharos is very responsive about working with their customers on bugs and providing firmware updates

2. Samsung Galaxy i7500 - Android platform. Rumored to be subsidized by T-mobile eventually.

3. Unlocked versions of the G1 and MyTouch apparently work

4. T-mobile itself subsidizes several smartphones

I don't think any of these are really comparable to the N900 in terms of specs, and of course the N900 isn't really a smartphone. What didn't you like about the N900 other than the defect? I really am enjoying using mine.

Last edited by klinglerware; 2009-12-10 at 22:53.

Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
What didn't you like about the N900 other than the defect? I really am enjoying using mine.
The price. The rest of it, I really liked.

Maybe I should've just RMA'd it with Nokia instead. Anyone know if they'll warranty exchange it without UPC so I can submit the rebate on time?

what about nokia e72? looks like it support 2100band

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by davetech View Post
Thus, aside from the N900, what are some good comparable smartphones that work with T-Mobile's 3G frequency (1700/2100)?
My Touch 3G
Blackberry 9700
HTC Touch Pro 2

And if you can wait a little while...
Google Nexus One
HTC HD2
SE Xperia10

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
Others not yet mentioned:
Motorola Cliq
Samsung Behold II

Edit:
I re-read the original post, and neither of these compares to the N900. On the other hand, they both offer Android, and the Cliq is the first (maybe only) phone with motoblur(tm).

Last edited by aspidites; 2009-12-20 at 04:42.

The cliq is decent, my wife has one. So is the G1, I have a rooted one.

Those (with the droid and palm pre) I think are the best phones in the market - if we are excluding the N900. Droid and Pre won't work on T-mobile though.

I personally would pick any android phone over the iPhone or winmo/blackberry, but I also require a hardware keyboard, so even amongst android phones only a few are left. Thankfully, t-mobile has the largest selection of android phones of any other carrier, and 2 of them have hardware keyboards .