Active Topics

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Switzerland
Hi

I have 3 questions to applications to which I couldn't find any answer. Only the second one is rather critical, so my experience with my N900 is really good until now!
  • Calendar, Agenda View: is it possible to change the number of days that are shown? There are somewhere between 2 and 3 weeks shown, which is absolutely not enough for me. I searched through very many conf-files but couldn't find something that sounded right, so I fear Nokia programmed this fix into the app...
  • Contacts: I synchronize my contacts via Mail for Exchange with my companys Exchange 2007, so I'm not really sure if it's a problem with the synchronization or the contacts-app. I have a lot of contacts which have no first- or last-name (just companies). What it's doing now is: it takes the company name (say "Digitec AG") and puts Digitec into first-name and AG into last-name. Because I sort after last-name, the contact is shown as AG Digitec... A complete resync this evening (after firmware-update) didn't change this behaviour. Again, no setting found where I could change it.
  • EAP-SIM: is this supported by the N900? I'm not sure if it's a problem with my provider or if the N900 doesn't support this, but I would be happy if somebody could point me to a tutorial that shows a way to setup this. If something like this already exists.

Thanks very much for your help!
Yves

Originally Posted by ythomet View Post
Hi

I have 3 questions to applications to which I couldn't find any answer. Only the second one is rather critical, so my experience with my N900 is really good until now!
  • Calendar, Agenda View: is it possible to change the number of days that are shown? There are somewhere between 2 and 3 weeks shown, which is absolutely not enough for me. I searched through very many conf-files but couldn't find something that sounded right, so I fear Nokia programmed this fix into the app...
  • Contacts: I synchronize my contacts via Mail for Exchange with my companys Exchange 2007, so I'm not really sure if it's a problem with the synchronization or the contacts-app. I have a lot of contacts which have no first- or last-name (just companies). What it's doing now is: it takes the company name (say "Digitec AG") and puts Digitec into first-name and AG into last-name. Because I sort after last-name, the contact is shown as AG Digitec... A complete resync this evening (after firmware-update) didn't change this behaviour. Again, no setting found where I could change it.
  • EAP-SIM: is this supported by the N900? I'm not sure if it's a problem with my provider or if the N900 doesn't support this, but I would be happy if somebody could point me to a tutorial that shows a way to setup this. If something like this already exists.

Thanks very much for your help!
Yves
Hi ythomet,

did you find additional info os EAP-SIM ???

I am interesting by it too ?

Thanka a lot !