Hello,
i've a BT headset samsung SBH900

everytime i want to use it, i must turn it on, unlock my N900, go to Bluetooth>term>edit>connect

Then save all the stuff, and finaly i can use it.

It there a way to do that auto ? like my headset it allowed on my n900 and otherside too, i will love just have to turn my BT headset on, and get connected !
Any script or BT deamon hacking needed ?

Thank for your help

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by acidstark View Post
Hello,

everytime i want to use it, i must turn it on, unlock my N900, go to Bluetooth>term>edit>connect

It there a way to do that auto ? like my headset it allowed on my n900 and otherside too, i will love just have to turn my BT headset on, and get connected !

Thank for your help
It is "supposed" to work just like you suggest. The BT is broken pretty bad on the N900. Bugs, file bugs!

See my sig. Please open a bug report, otherwise just smile and say "I like it, I really do!" "I like it just like it is!"

Originally Posted by acidstark View Post
Hello,

Thank for your help
we hv the same problem

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
It is "supposed" to work just like you suggest. The BT is broken pretty bad on the N900. Bugs, file bugs!

See my sig. Please open a bug report, otherwise just smile and say "I like it, I really do!" "I like it just like it is!"
Not sure what you mean with "it's supposed to work that way".

It's supposed to work automatically, and does for me with my Nokia BH214 headset - which gives me the following "flow":

Nokia N900 is on + Bluetooth is on
Turn on BH214 headset.
Nokia N900 automatically connects to the BT headset and goes into "headset mode".

Only problem I have is that if I have N900 BT off when turning on the headset, it does not connect when I turn on BT on the N900. For these instances I just turn the headset off and on.

The original issue could be that the BT headset is not set as "automatically authorize" (if that is an option for BT headsets)

Originally Posted by nikolajhendel View Post
Not sure what you mean with "it's supposed to work that way".

It's supposed to work automatically, and does for me with my Nokia BH214 headset - which gives me the following "flow":

Nokia N900 is on + Bluetooth is on
Turn on BH214 headset.
Nokia N900 automatically connects to the BT headset and goes into "headset mode".

Only problem I have is that if I have N900 BT off when turning on the headset, it does not connect when I turn on BT on the N900. For these instances I just turn the headset off and on.

The original issue could be that the BT headset is not set as "automatically authorize" (if that is an option for BT headsets)
A joke basically

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
A joke basically
ok, less confused now

Buy a descent headphone :P my sennheiser MM100 does connect automatically. bluetooth has to be enabled though on the n900 before you fire up the bluetooth headset, or else the headset will go in standby mode and wont send the signal to the n900 anymore. even though when pressing the play button once on my sennheiser always connects it in 3 seconds.

Did you know that all the bluetooth devices paired and authorised are also added to a backup? few weeks ago i flashed my n900 and did a full restore of my backup. after that i didnt need to resync the headset. I really love the diversity of the backup function in the n900 its far better then every other phone out there!

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ West Coast, USA
My wife has the Jawbone 2 and N900 can't detect it. Have they fixed that bug yet or should I just sell the headset and get another brand that works?

Originally Posted by ABerri View Post
My wife has the Jawbone 2 and N900 can't detect it. Have they fixed that bug yet or should I just sell the headset and get another brand that works?
If your Jawbone works OK, it will detect it.

I've had every Jawbone from the Original to the ICON on mine. I'm using an ICON presently. So that's 4 different Jawbones I've used.

Can you describe the process you are using?

I cant conncect my bh214 with the n900
what's wrong?
the headset works on a sonyericson phone and the Nokia E72 and 5530Xpressmusic
thanks