Active Topics

I am looking at getting a nokia n95 or n96 cell phone. Do either of these of these have touch screens and can you load the wifi sniffing programs that I have seen you guys load on to your tablets onto this device?

GSMarena is a good site for such things; neither of them has a touch screen, and they run Symbian/S60, so you can look for what wifi sniffing software is available for that.

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Portugal

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Neither have touchscreens, and unless you are in India you aren't getting one for a few months yet. There is no need for a WiFi sniffing program as the ability to detect WiFi networks is built into both devices.

The N96 is actually already available in India, before any other market...

But I'd wait for the N85 personally - smaller, much cheaper than the N96, gorgeous AMOLED screen, and most importantly much better battery life than the other two.

If you want a touchscreen Nokia phone, you'll have to wait a couple of months more...

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
Neither have touchscreens, and unless you are in India you aren't getting one for a few months yet.
Untrue; its released in the Netherlands on 15 septembre, bundled with KPN. It should be widely available around the world in octobre.