Notices

Hi,

I reinstalled my N810 Diablo yesterday.
Pidgin 2.4.3 is no longer in the maemo-extras repository. In the Extras-Devel, there is Pidgin 2.5.1 but after installing it, it can't connect to the MSN network "Connection error from the notification server: Unable to connect" (I tried with the base Diablo OS and under the 2 over-the-air Diablo OS updates).
Tried RTcomm Beta also (under Diablo vanilla and its 2 subsequent updates applied, instals well without redpill mode with the proper repositories), but MSN support pretty much gives me the same error: unable to connect.

Please don't tell me "it works on mine" as it worked on mine 2 days ago too. Problem is I need to reinstall now and what I did 2 weeks ago no longer works (yes, new N810, lots of toying around with a lot of applications and frequent OS reload to clean it until I have my set of applications). I really need MSN on my N810.

Any idea?

Pidgin 2.5.1 at last gave me an indication: certificate error for live.messenger.com. Can I get Pidgin to ignore this and just connect?

Pidgin 2.4.3 for diablo http://www.gronmayer.com/it/dl.php?id=248
Not tested though, I'm using the one in devel, not exactly stable, but once it's set up (I had few crashes while trying to set my accounts) it worked for me (fresh diablo flash, booting from SD, no other programs opened in background, just GPESummary, OMWeather and Personal Launch as applets)