Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Canada
Is there any way to make the current system wide fonts bigger?
I know about replacing with the android fonts, but still, they are the same size. A couple of points bigger would facilitate reading most menus, options, email, etc on the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sp1ke For This Useful Post:
i'd second a vote to increase font size system wide. i like bigger fonts they go easier on my eyes.

edit /usr/share/themes/YOURTHEME/gtk-2.0/gtkrc

Look for the sections called "Font Definitions" and "new fonts for fremantle". Just bump up the font size a little in those two sections, save the file and reboot. I'm using the default fonts and increased the size by 2 for all fonts. It is an improvement in readability, but you will notice a few spots where the fonts are a little too large for their particular UI element (FMTX widget, the date on some menu items), but it's worth it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Grant For This Useful Post:
hmm i've been wondering how i can change the size of the clock font and the menu... i already changed all font sizes in theme.xml and gtkrc or did i miss something?

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Canada
Thanks very much for this. It works great. I just bumped up the size by one or two on any font size under 20. Would be nice to have an app that can tweak these values.

Can some one explain step by step how to do this? I tried to cp this file to modify it and it said ommiting directories?

The Following User Says Thank You to agentsmith For This Useful Post:
On the same topic of the font size, I would like to change just the font size of the browser (microb) to closely to the true type on window version. What do I have to change, please help?

Originally Posted by psrkn View Post
On the same topic of the font size, I would like to change just the font size of the browser (microb) to closely to the true type on window version. What do I have to change, please help?
Could anyone help me on this topic? Thanks

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
[QUOTE=Grant;541598]edit /usr/share/themes/YOURTHEME/gtk-2.0/gtkrcQUOTE]

What text editor do you suggest (most stable)?

I use leafpad when editing files from xterm.