Active Topics

Notices

Hi all,

I've been playing around with dosbox, and since Daggerfall is free now, I decided to give it a go on my n900. I did a full install, mounted the cd, and the game actually works, sound and everything. The only problem was the mouse cursor, which after a while I found that if you press outside of any corner, it kind of "resets" the cursor, and then if you can manage to get into options while in game, you can set your mouse sensitivity, and once you get it right, the cursor works quite well. My only other problem, is that after trying about every combination of settings I could think of for my dosbox.conf file, I'm still only able to get a few frames a second. Anyone else have better luck? It would be amazing if we could get this running smoothly on the n900.

Last edited by llamastyle; 2009-12-31 at 15:52.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to llamastyle For This Useful Post:
i like.......

T'would be quite awesome...

Read something on tweaking cpu cycles on wikipedia it has to do with the daggerfall config file.

http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/GAMES:The...II:_Daggerfall

Guess it helps with speed

Last edited by mas5acre; 2010-01-02 at 00:04.

I've been tinkering with the cycle speed and other settings in my spare time. If I manage to get it running at a decent speed I'll post how I did it here.

Though I never played daggerfall, and only morrowind & oblivion, I want this so please do.

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Hey llamastyle (or anyone else). I also have put daggerfall onto my n900. I have a 2gb micro sd card and this is my game location - media/mmc1. I can install small and medium size installs, but when I try large or huge, it says I do not have enough space. (I have 1.7gb free) Also, when I have succesfully installed on small or medium, it says "looks like you inserted the wrong cd". would this be because it is not full install? Any ideas/help would be much appreciated.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
No chance. [edit: daggerfall needs about 20,000 cycles to run smoothly. n900 gets between 2000-4000 cycles.] Close this thread now please.

Last edited by ArnimS; 2010-05-19 at 09:28.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Orleans, LA, USA
Youch! Get em' ArnimS!

You can get it to run but its a slideshow, even if your n900 is overclocked. Don't bother.

The Following User Says Thank You to llamastyle For This Useful Post: