Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I'm trying to make a wiimote whiteboard and I have a hard time building an IR marker, so I thought is there an easy way to make the n900 emit a continuous IR signal (always on) when the camera button is half pressed?
________
Thai property for sale

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:45.

just use any TV remote control and hold any button. or buy and IR led and connect it to a battery.

The tv remote is blinking, I want a steady light. Is it possible with a script in N900, or I have to make an app for it?
________
1Click2Paradise cam

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:46.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
I would think the emitter on the N900 would also be flickery, though perhaps it might be easier to make it blink at a fixed rate.

Anyway, what issues are you having with attaching a LED to a battery? Or the issue is the marker isn't visible unless aimed straight to the camera? If it works but the beam is too focused, try wrapping one or two layers of white paper on the LED to difuse the light.

most probably I got crap leds, they are way too faint. The wiimote recognizes the led only from like 10 cm away. I tried to hook them on a 6v battery then and I mist have burnt them. Anyway, I'm bored to go buy new ones and machine a solid, working marker complete with a switch and capable of changing the battery so I thought maybe somebody knows if it is trivial or not to make the N900 IR led stay lit
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Las Vegas
Actually, that sounds like the normal N900 IR LEDs. They are very weak.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
You could check if they are burned by pointing them at a digital camera and seeing if they light up (most digital camera sensors can see infrared, they got a filter to prevent IR from messing up the colors but the filters usually aren't perfect and IR LEDS usually are bright enough to get thru)

They don't. That's why I think they are burnt. I'm gonna buy new ones. First time l tried they were bright enough but they get weaker and I don't see anything now on the digital camera
________
Park Royal 1 Pattaya