Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Iball suggested an online role playing game - The Mana World

http://pupnik.de/tmw.html

It starts up fine here but i can't connect to the account server - with a config.xml in ~/.tmw and without. Iball tried it on his N800 and reported success connecting to server (*thanks* for testing, Iball!).

Please try it out, first without a config.xml file in your ~/.tmw directory, and then with it. Id be curious if any other 770 owners manage to connect with it. As it stands, i can't do further tweaking (controls etc) until i can connect.

Oh, the fullscreen is controlled by the "screen" parameter in config.xml. The fullscreen button does not map to fullscreen/windowed as i don't yet know how many hardware buttons we'll need to actually play this effectively.

So ymmv - please post results here, thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to ArnimS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 231 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Singapore
**Orgasms**

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by torx View Post
**Orgasms**
Lol.

So far the two people who have tested on N800 have been able to connect, and two people on 770 not... so it could be related to libsdl-net? not sure yet.

The game uses SDL, so if you run fullscreen, you won't be able to use xkbd (as of Sept 23, 2007). As with most of these SDL games, you are best off with a bluetooth keyboard.

Cheers

From my early testing I've found that once you're in the game you rarely use the keyboard unless you want to talk to other online players.
Most of it's d-pad and touchscreen.

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Singapore
Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
Lol.

So far the two people who have tested on N800 have been able to connect, and two people on 770 not... so it could be related to libsdl-net? not sure yet.

The game uses SDL, so if you run fullscreen, you won't be able to use xkbd (as of Sept 23, 2007). As with most of these SDL games, you are best off with a bluetooth keyboard.

Cheers
It works great on my N800, and the second hand thinkoutside keyboard i got sure came in handy.

Work fine, but need keyboard... xkbd didnt work in fullscreen mode,,,
I thing, that adding a toggle fullscreen/windowed button complete a problem (for plaing with xkbd).

Thanks, i search simple MMORPG like this, for my N800 for a long time

(exuse my english)

It says I need libcurl3 (>=7.15.5-1) and libsdl-net1.2! Where do I get these files?

I found them on my own, and installed via Xterm, but how do you run it? Help would be appreciated.

Never mind... Again...

Last edited by pugboy; 2007-11-10 at 05:34.

Alrighty

sorry for my lack of knowledge.

But i downloaded all the libs and packsages and i couldnt get superuser privledges so i ssh'd in as root and i did dpkg -i ''package.deb''

it does a few things and now i have no clue what to do

can someone post maybe some simple steps?

Or maybe some in-depth steps?

Idk,

i just need some advice here. Thanks in advance

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Lakeland, FL
in xterm type: cd /user/games then type ./twm it will execute but unless you have a bluetooth keyboard, you won't be able to log in. Typing does not work.