Hey all.

It's been a long time since I've visited here, but am glad to see that there is still activity and informative posts.

I've been an N800 owner since it was released, and have been happy with it.

I recently purchased a BenQ S6, deeply discounted, not really knowing what I'd be getting. Turns out I really like the device. Frankly, it runs circles around my N800.

With a fair amount or research and work, I've got it doing pretty much everything my old EeePC Surf did, from VNC (both server and client) to GFTP, to Notelab, to Stardict, to XChat and even have version 12.01 of Opera loaded and running nicely on it, among others that escape me at the moment. And I've also gotten OmegaT (a CAT tool) to run without problems, too.

I do have a question or two, though. Have any of you that have had the device tried to load something else on it? It looks like it runs a version of Fedora (7, perhaps with some 6 libs), and has hidlon services running on top of it.

Since it's an Atom chip, I guess I could load a standard distribution, but with only 512M RAM I'd have to be choosy in what I loaded.

Anyway, I wanted to check to see if anyone has tried running other distributions on the device.

Thanks for any info/help.

R.
==