Active Topics

Just flashed to os2007HE and the statusbar clock I have won't show up in digital form. I've seen people that have white text for the digital clocks in their statusbar; how is this possible? The analog clock is far too hard to read when that small.

A statusbar clock much like this one http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...98&postcount=3

Surely somebody must know how to get this elusive white clock. What is the secret?

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
I just use osso-statusbar-cpu. It has an option for showing the time. So I have dark blue for CPU activity, dark green for network activity, and the clock.

I've got that one to work as well, but it's still not the same as the one in the screenshot. I find the statusbar-cpu app to be useful, but not as pleasing to the eye. I'll prolly use the cpu app, but I'd still like to know what the other one is.

Hey, the package is called statusbarclock. After you download it, you have to enable it in the configuration window -> personalization -> navigation and then to the status bar tap. There I could choose statusbarclock. Hope it works for you. It is a pretty sweet clock.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Heh. The "can't install from .deb files" bug strikes again :-}

From what I've read the only way to get the white clock is to edit the .png file with gimp or Photoshop. I've just made myself a lighter theme and used the black digital clock instead. More rewarding making it yourself rather then searching for days to find a premade one.

A poster in the bug reports for the clock has a link to his repository that has a white version. I've been using it for some time and the only issue I have is that it's a 24-hour clock.

You can find the link in this bug report as well several diff patches: https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...d=167&atid=700

The Following User Says Thank You to virion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
Heh. The "can't install from .deb files" bug strikes again :-}
Dude, you're so right, sooo right... it's becoming a pain in my narrow urethra doing simple stuff on this thing.