Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
NEW WISH - 28.12.2014
I am change now my Raspberry Pi Amilight system from Hyperion+Ambi-TV to ONLY Hyperion!
Now i wish me only a port from the Hyperion (web) App to Sailfish.

Source:
https://github.com/Gamadril/hyperion-remote

is it usefull for someone?

OLD WISH
Hi. So I'm looking for someone who can possibly help me to write a program. It is a real simple program shown and I hope it will be easy the programming for the person

Of course I would like to have more function, like eg Change colors or modes. But I would be satisfied without first time.

If the picture is not understandable:
It is a program where one enters a Raspberry Pi (RPi). This should automatically connect to it as soon as you start the app. You should be able to add more servers and are listed. The program will connect via SSH to the RPi. So I want to avoid annoying terminal input. In the Cover Page should be two commands can run "killall ambi-tv" and "reboot".
It would also be nice if you could change the commands of the Cover Page inviduell.

Page 1: Server list / pulldown menu: Add Server
Page 1 Cover Page settings => about add RPi Server / if it is possible!
Page 2: add server information / maybe pulldown menu: delete information

press and hold on stored server => opens a menu to delete to the server.

I would be very happy if someone could with managed it so. Unfortunately I have no programming knowledge. Therefore, I have only done what you see on the picture. And with copying and pasting from another app (SMPC)

Last edited by cvp; 2014-12-28 at 19:09.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Unfortunately I cannot see the picure correct, the link goes to some horrible page that has pop-up adverts that go in the front of the picture!

However, I understand that you want to create an application that you can send signals to one or more Raspberry PI's?
Is the connection to be via WLAN? And the application cover actions (swipe left/swipe right) are to activate the commands?

Ok i will never use tinypic page. Hope this is now better.

Yes i want send signals to one Raspberry pi over Wlan and or 3G (DynDNS) but Dyndns is not importend

both or other commands needs ssh connection to kill some prozedur or reboot/start somthing other things.
And yes swipe from cover action/page will send the commands eg "killall ambi-tv" or "reboot" to restart the pi.

this is my first wish

I use my Raspberry Pi for Ambilight (TV). It use Ambi-TV and Hyperion. Hyperion needs to change a spezific color
Ambi-TV is for Ambilight effect like Philips TVs. The thing is, i dont want to have only Ambilight, this is why i need the command "killall ambi-tv", than i can open the Android app "Hyperion" and can change the color to white or what ever. A Sailfish App for this is welcome
The Hyperion App is not connected over SSH... it use PORT: 19444

sorry for my english, but i hope you understand my wishes

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Okay, I had to google ambilight and hyperion, having never heard about those?

So now I understand, you have a raspberry that is controlling a strip of RGB leds behind television, and there are 2 different programs it can run, ambilight which will change the light based on the television program, and hyperion which can show a single programmed colour, right?

Also there's some android thing to set up those programs?

Now I wonder, if you want to use those both, why not create a single application on the raspberry that can do both, then you'd not need any killing-of-applications, just command it to be in mode A or mode H (or whatever you'd call it )
Also, you'd need no android to setup the colour, that could be done via the same Sailfish application.

Super better than you I could not explain it

It would be nice to have both in one program, if that is possible.
Only you have to kill Ambi-TV to utilize the Hyperion!

There are two connection required.
1) to stop Ambi-TV and/or reboot RPi (via SSH)
2) to control Hyperion, Port: 19444

But as I said. My programming skills are from 0.
That's why I'm looking for someone who can help me there.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
If you look up how to do key-based authentication for ssh (eg [1]), it's not too difficult to then create an icon that executes the command
Code:
ssh pi@piaddress -t 'command'
This would work over WLAN, and needs your pi to have a fixed ip address (probably easiest to do in your router)

If you want to then start an Android app, you could put all this into a script.

[1] http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/...-keypairs.html

OneSSHot could also be useful for this.

Well yes, doing what you require is fairly easy. You can invoke a ssh command to the target raspberry from QML easily. I think the default "empty" SDK project even has enough functionality to build this, with adding just a SshConnection class

If you want to combine the functionality in raspberry, that requires some programming in the PI end. I am not sure about how those applications are done, but they might even be running in python or javascript, in which case the modification would be pretty easy
If the sources are not available, then it is more difficult as the application would be needed to be done from scratch.

if its help:
https://github.com/poljvd/hyperion-webapp

@mrsellout
i fix all ip adress from device in my router. I hate it if its change

I think a password is required to connect to the RPi for the command line

Last edited by cvp; 2014-10-28 at 17:48.

Originally Posted by cvp View Post
if its help:
https://github.com/poljvd/hyperion-webapp
Yes, it's all javascript, very easy to modify