Active Topics

Hi

Had my N800 for a wee while now, and find that I dont use the comms stuff too much. The built in email client is awful, and the ports from maemo.org far too bulky. I am using squirrelmail (webmail) to access my email, and skype for IM/voice. What I would like to do is ditch the view contacts, view inbox, new e-mail message, new internet call etc options and replace them with links to skype and squirrelmail.

Is this possible?

Nigel

Sorry for hijacking your thread... but: Does anyone know how to turn of the check for new emails ? (other than deleting all accounts)

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Paia, Maui, Hawaii
Originally Posted by veletron View Post
What I would like to do is ditch the view contacts, view inbox, new e-mail message, new internet call etc options and replace them with links to skype and squirrelmail.
Is this possible?
Nigel
Hi Nigel:
To the best of my knowledge that is not possible. One can only change the Web, Contact, Utilities, Games, Tools, etc folders.
[Tools - Control Panel - Navigation - Applications/Organize]

@zeez
Does anyone know how to turn of the check for new emails ? (other than deleting all accounts)
View Inbox - Tools - Settings - UNcheck 'Update automatically'

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Wisconsin USA
Originally Posted by ichmoimeyo View Post
View Inbox - Tools - Settings - UNcheck 'Update automatically'
Unfortunately, this setting doesn't seem to turn off the automatic update when you first open the email client -- unless I'm missing something.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Paia, Maui, Hawaii
Originally Posted by joelong View Post
Unfortunately, this setting doesn't seem to turn off the automatic update when you first open the email client -- unless I'm missing something.
I haven't found a way either to stop it from automatically doing that, joelong.
I just make certain to immediately hit the little red icon in the bottom right corner when it says 'connecting' to stop the process. Also, I try to do all my emailing from whatever application I am using; from the notes utility, tthe browser, etc. I click on 'Send via emai.' to avoid the issue or I use the 'New email message' icon instead of 'View Inbox'

Last edited by ichmoimeyo; 2007-08-22 at 01:20.