Active Topics

Ok, I'm looking to see if there's been a port of the Android SDK tool set that will work on Maemo. Specifically the adb tool that allows you to connect to an android device via usb cable.

Thanks

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by dnowlan View Post
Ok, I'm looking to see if there's been a port of the Android SDK tool set that will work on Maemo. Specifically the adb tool that allows you to connect to an android device via usb cable.
I think it's unlikely. However, Maemo is pretty close to a standard Linux distribution; you can connect to a Maemo device using whatever Linux tools you prefer (ssh, vnc, etc.).

Are you wanting to do something specifically associated with the Android tool?

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by dnowlan View Post
As Copernicus said, on Maemo you can usually use USB Networking ("SDK Mode") + ssh:

"adb shell" becomes just "ssh"
"adb push/pull" becomes "scp"
"adb sync" is roughly rsync-over-ssh (rsync for Maemo)
"adb logcat" would be something like tail -f'ing (that's "using 'tail -f' on") files in /var/log/
"adb forward" becomes "ssh -L..." or "ssh -R..."
"adb install/uninstall" becomes a small shell function that does scp + dpkg -i as ssh via root

Some of the lower-level features like serial number and other things can be obtained via flasher when the Maemo device is in flashing mode (flasher is roughly comparable to fastboot in terms of what it's used for).

For deploying to the device in Android SDK style, there's also MAD Developer (on Harmattan: SDK Connectivity Tool) - and you would use these tools with Qt Creator. MAD Developer and SDK Connectivity Tool can also be used to set up USB Networking (on Harmattan: selecting "SDK Mode" when USB is connected is enough).

Nitdroid also has adb support over USB networking, maybe you could re-use binaries from there if you want to have a real adb server on the device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
With CSSU, USB networking can be automatically started when choosing PC-Suite mode.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I think he's asking for a port of adb to connect to android devices from the N900. Which is an interesting idea. Adb might just compile on maemo.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post: