Anyone know how to partition N900 internal memory? I need to split it to 3 partitions. First one 7GB , second one 7GB, third one 8GB and last one 6GB (Maemo OS).
Can someone suggest me how to do it or give me link for a guide? Because i've tried and it didn't work :/

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
http://wiki.maemo.org/Repartitioning_the_flash

Why do you need to partition the flash so much?
If you explain what you wish to do first, there maybe a better way to do it.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Well i need for Hirens bootCD,WIndows and MacOS installs because i travel alot and sometimes i leave my USB flash at workplace or at home and i'm unable to get them. So that's the story.

Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Originally Posted by Basurci View Post
Anyone know how to partition N900 internal memory? I need to split it to 3 partitions. First one 7GB , second one 7GB, third one 8GB and last one 6GB (Maemo OS).
Can someone suggest me how to do it or give me link for a guide? Because i've tried and it didn't work :/
I used backupmenu after following this thread.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...=ext4&page=282

I've installed bootmenu and backupmenu and then connected to PC but i still can't resize partition even when I see whole storage :/ Do you got any command or something to let me do that?

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
You will need a Linux PC or some Linux-Live-CD that contains the application Gparted. There is a Live-CD that just runs Gparted here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gpar...4.1-6-i486.iso

and last one 6GB (Maemo OS).
Bad idea. Belive me, you *do* want to leave maemo's optfs as /dev/mmcblk0p2, or face wraith of hardcoded things

Well i need for Hirens bootCD,WIndows and MacOS installs because i travel alot and sometimes i leave my USB flash at workplace or at home and i'm unable to get them. So that's the story.
Why won't you just just create bootable image files on MyDocs, mount them, put iso's in there, and export them via something like this script:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
modprobe -r g_nokia
modprobe -r g_file_storage
sleep 1
modprobe g_file_storage stall=0 luns=1 ro=1 removable
echo /home/user/MyDocs/your_image_file.vfat > /sys/devices/platform/musb_hdrc/gadget/gadget-lun0/file
...?

I use this method to run kon-boot from N900's MyDocs, and it works - considering, that kon-boot is more bitchy pesky about from where it boots (due to being floppy ISO, not CD iso), your average CD/DVD bootable image will work too, for sure.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: