Hi How are you? I hope Fine.

Dudes Mi n800 is dead and i cant do nothing cause Nokia Venezuela Dont Support Tablets only cellphones. Im totally deseperated.

So this is The problem:
When y turn on My nokia N800 appear Nokia Logo but OS doesnt Start so the logo keep 10 secs and then the tablet turn it off. I tried Again and nothing. :S

When i plug The AC Charger the Tablet turn it on the nokia logo appear 10 seconds and it turn it off, 5 secs and turn it on The nokia logo appear again per 10 seconds and the tablet repeat the process infinites times.

I tried to use the Usb Mode pressing Home button then turn it on. But Nothing.

I was fan off Nokia and i bought this tablet cause i trusted in nokia. But they truly dissapointed me. I will not buy any more nokia products cause i just lose my money.

I really Appreciate Your help in this Problem. I Read all the forum About this problem i Tried all but nothing. Thanks for your help Dudes.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Eugene, OR, USA
So this is The problem:
When y turn on My nokia N800 appear Nokia Logo but OS doesnt Start so the logo keep 10 secs and then the tablet turn it off. I tried Again and nothing.
An N800 of mine showed similar behavior, except I could turn it on as if to reflash it ('home', 'power' on) and the USB icon would appear in the upper right-hand corner.

However, the device would not boot up or proceed further. I then sent it to the Nokia's US repair service, Palco. Palco returned it and noted that the device could not be economically repaired due to "corrupted memory". I take that to mean the CPU on-board memory and, therefore, the CPU is faulty.

I hope I'm wrong, JuanX, but it may be that you now have an N800 spare-parts source or something to start learning/experimenting on. The LCD is good; you might look for another N800, one with a different problem (e.g., broken LCD).

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
It's probably a useless advice, but can you try to charge fully the battery before trying to turn it on again? Or have someone lend you a new battery?
I'm also a little pissed off to have my n800 lcd broken after a year of mild use, so I understand your feelings.

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
It is worth to try to put your N800 in a cool place (fridge) and see if it boots then. It may shut down because it detects overheating.

O men!. Your post arent good.

And i dont mean about you and your posts specificaly, I mean About that i was waiting a solution Or any hope post. But The truth Is hard and real

Luca I Tried to charge the battery but nokia logo turn it on and off when i connected to AC Charger, And when i put out the battery and plug charger to tablet the n800 keep doing the same. The ****ing tablet just do the same again and again and again.

Jerome Thanks for the idea i tried in a big refrigerator with a temperatures of 0º C, -13º C, and -20º C

Dam Nokia Guys.

Thanks for tried to help me I really appretiate your help

IF some body have another idea please post it.

Thanks

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by JuanX View Post
Luca I Tried to charge the battery but nokia logo turn it on and off when i connected to AC Charger
With the tablet off, when you plug the charger you should see the nokia logo, then the screen will go black with a charging icon in the middle.
I think, but I'm not sure, that the battery have to have a little charge left, otherwise it won't power up the n800, and it needs to be powered up to charge (hence my suggestion to try with another battery).

And when i put out the battery and plug charger to tablet the n800 keep doing the same.
The tablet doesn't work at all without the battery, so that's normal.

I Tried to charge the battery but nokia logo turn it on and off
Just leave it on and charging like that for a few hours. It may finally charge and recover the battery. And -20°C for your battery is certainly not healthy!

The Following User Says Thank You to Rider For This Useful Post:
Rider I tries but the amazing things is that Nokia logo Appear and dissapear infinite times.

I plug the charger before karate and nokia logo start appearing and dissapearing, ok i went to karate and arrive home in three hours. When i get to my house and look the dam N800, he keeps doing the same ****!!!! on and off, on and off!!!!.

I will have to try to another Battery. :S the problem is that Thanks To Chavez Venezuela is a ******ed country and there is no battery for n800 in this country :S

So new battery is not a choice :S

Thanks for your help dudes

I had the same issue, caused by low voltage or gremlins, I got a new battery and tossed my old powerstrip and presto -- good as new. If you were local I would give you an extra battery I have, you may try ebay for a cheap replacement battery.

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
Originally Posted by JuanX View Post
I will have to try to another Battery. :S the problem is that Thanks To Chavez Venezuela is a ******ed country and there is no battery for n800 in this country :S

So new battery is not a choice :S
Can't you order one from abroad? They are relatively cheap and light, so freight should not be too expensive. Heck, if everything fails, send me a note and I'll arrange one to be sent privately in a simple enveloppe from Europe.

About the fridge: I said "fridge", not "freezer". Don't expose your N800 to temperatures below freezing.