Active Topics

Poll: Keep or sell N900
Poll Options
Keep or sell N900

I recently got a new N900 body from Nokia as a replacement for one with a broken USB port. It is sealed in a plain cardboard box.

While my old N900 worked, I loved it, but I am weary of trying again due to the problems I had. I'm therefore considering buying a N9. I don't need the hardware keyboard and other features such as the camera lens cover I can live without.

If I buy a N9, the N900 would no longer be my main phone. Would it be best to keep it and use it as a PMP/mini tablet (mainly in the car), or would selling it to help fund the N9 be a better choice?

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Tashi View Post
If I buy a N9, the N900 would no longer be my main phone. Would it be best to keep it and use it as a PMP/mini tablet (mainly in the car), or would selling it to help fund the N9 be a better choice?
Hmm. Actually, there are lots of devices out there today which far surpass both the N900 and N9 as a tablet or a media player. I'd just keep using the N900 as a straight-up phone, and grab one of the many little Android tablets for use as a dedicated multimedia device.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Forest of Dean, England.
As my second device I purchased the Acer Liquid Metal which at £140 from Expansys is a cracking device.

My only reason for wanting the Android device was the apps. There are apps I need / use that just are not available on the N900, however I am ever hopeful that we will *one day* see Android on the N900...then maybe I wont need this other device.

So if I was going to buy another device I'd probably look at getting something Android based, not an N9.

Incidentally the Liquid Metal is overclockable and there are quite a few mods / hacks available for it.

PICTURES TAKEN WITH MY N900