Active Topics

not sure if this was mentioned anywhere in this forum (i couldnt find it)

before and after updating to PR1.1 i have noticed that my phone does not notify me when there is a software/device update

even when i go to settings>applications>update, and then click on refresh... it will still state that the device is up to date
however when i go to the STORE and go to an app that i already have, it will say 'update' (if there is one).. and only when i click the 'update', during it updating, it will then notify me that i have an update (this is stupid because i obviously already know there is an update as im already updating it)

wondering if this is still happening to other people and how we have a way around it? a resolution?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
happens with me too. I have had auto notification updates, but since update to PR1.1, no more. In store it says "update".. yesterday there was an update for xterm, I checked updates screen and it showed after a refresh.. so its all up the sh.t.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lahti, Finland
I had the notification for terminal update on my standby screen. Strange.

Originally Posted by stonda View Post
I had the notification for terminal update on my standby screen. Strange.
same here.. but not for other apps from Nokia store

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
after update, the x terminal can copy and paste

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Only applications in repositories get automatic notifications. Nokia store is not, I guess, a repository so you need to go to the store application to check for updates.

This was the same in PR1.0.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
I am not getting any alerts for any updates. I havent gotten the firmware update. Also WHERE do I go for app upgrades? For instance accuweather in ovistore is a newer version yet it never asks me to update. Do I need to uninstall mine and then download it?

X