Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Rhode Island
I have a BlackBerry for work (yuck, I know...) and I became so sick of that thing that I picked up an N900. It's a wonderful device. It can do everything that my 'berry can do and untold volumes more. I had to reflash it last week when an uninstall went wrong. Ever since then, my Mail for Exchange has not been behaving. I have the sync settings set to "Always on" (as apposed to 15 minutes, 30 minutes, etc.) but it's behaving like "kinda-sorta sometimes on". It can go up to 40 minutes without retrieving mail. Before the reflash my n900 and my 'berry would buzz in unison when I got mail. The other settings (15/30/60/etc minutes) seem to work fine, but I have a job where I need "Always On" to be just that. Is there something I can check, like a settings file? Is this controlled at all by an Exchange server side setting? Any other advice?

Thanks!
DrKlaw

Argh! Forget it. My IT department just turned off support for non-provisioned devices, so no more MfE for me... Back to basking in buffoonish Blackberry bliss. Bonkers.

I wonder if there's a way to trick the Exchange server into thinking the N900 is a provisioned device (similar to Hide User Agent)? Any ideas?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by DrKlaw View Post
Argh! Forget it. My IT department just turned off support for non-provisioned devices, so no more MfE for me... Back to basking in buffoonish Blackberry bliss. Bonkers.

I wonder if there's a way to trick the Exchange server into thinking the N900 is a provisioned device (similar to Hide User Agent)? Any ideas?
You'd need to rewrite the whole MfE plugin (which is closed source, as the Exchange 2003 synch has to be licensed from Microsoft - the API for later versions should be publicly available though).

Ok. Thanks. I just found that my company's Outlook Web Access works beautifully on the N900, so at least that's something. I'm going to look into setting up Evolution in EasyDebian since that can use OWA when I get some time. Has anyone tried this?