Notices

Folks, wondering if you can help me on this.
I am on the latest Community SSU release and am loving all the tweaking options (blurless etc). Thanks to all who are working on this. Much appreciated.
However, I have run into a problem. My e-mail widget is gone. Not sure what happened or in which update it happened but it is not on any of my views nor is it available when I try and add it through the Desktop Menu/Add Widget command. Any ideas? Was thinking of formatting the phone using my PC but am worried about losing stiff.
Also, how do you get notifications of new e-mails. When i run my mail synchronization it picks up my new mails but I get no 'beep' or pop up. Does this only happen if I have it set to synchronise continually?
Thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to MICKEYG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
It's modest-home-applet you'll need to reinstall for that.

I'm not sure about the email notifications - they probably only happen when modest is not in the foreground.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
It's modest-home-applet you'll need to reinstall for that.

I'm not sure about the email notifications - they probably only happen when modest is not in the foreground.
Modest Home Applet - what is this? It doesn't apear in the app manager. How does it relate to e-mail?

Originally Posted by MICKEYG View Post
Modest Home Applet - what is this? It doesn't apear in the app manager. How does it relate to e-mail?
You'll probably need to do it via the command line. Make sure you have rootsh installed, then do:
Code:
root
apt-get install modest-home-applet
Modest is the name of the email program used on the N900, so modest-home-applet is the home screen applet for modest.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
You'll probably need to do it via the command line. Make sure you have rootsh installed, then do:
Code:
root
apt-get install modest-home-applet
Modest is the name of the email program used on the N900, so modest-home-applet is the home screen applet for modest.
Worked a treat. Many thanks.

Took down the latest Community SSU update and lost my mail again so had to rerun the above. Also had to use MfeFolders as it lost all my settings (major pain as I have hundreds of folders and Mfe is very unstable and keeps crashing). Did this happen to anyone else?

Took down the latest Community SSU update and lost my mail again so had to rerun the above. Also had to use MfeFolders as it lost all my settings (major pain as I have hundreds of folders and Mfe is very unstable and keeps crashing). Did this happen to anyone else?
There's been others with this issue, yes - I had it myself at one point. Unfortunately the CSSU testing is based on a clean PR1.3 base, and this doesn't exhibit the same issue, so it's not been possible to track it down yet. Reflashing to PR1.3 and installing the CSSU from there should eliminate the problem (it did for me), otherwise I think you're likely to end up hitting the same issue with every CSSU update (though having installed the modest-home-applet package explicitly is supposed to stop it being auto-removed).

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
There's been others with this issue, yes - I had it myself at one point. Unfortunately the CSSU testing is based on a clean PR1.3 base, and this doesn't exhibit the same issue, so it's not been possible to track it down yet. Reflashing to PR1.3 and installing the CSSU from there should eliminate the problem (it did for me), otherwise I think you're likely to end up hitting the same issue with every CSSU update (though having installed the modest-home-applet package explicitly is supposed to stop it being auto-removed).
Cheers. Also seemed to lose the blurless and autorotation settings I made. Easy enough to restate them.

Cheers. Also seemed to lose the blurless and autorotation settings I made. Easy enough to restate them.
Yes, currently the transitions.ini file is overwritten whenever hildon-desktop is updated. There's a feature request open to merge in the updates instead, but in the meantime you'll need to reapply them each time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
I know this thread is already a bit dusty but since the problem of the OP seems to be an issue again I would like some advice.

As I installed CSSU for the first time last night (2maemo15) I noticed the same problem with the widget being gone.

I don't know how to find out what else has been uninstalled when installing the CSSU. Is there a copy of the install messages anywhere on the phone? I would like to find out what might have mentioned while updating to CSSU. HAM Log seems to be empty as of now.

I did a "dpkg -l|grep ^rc >" to a file which lead to a rather short list of rc-marked components:

Code:
rc  cherry                       0.25-1+0m5       Cherry for MyNokia
rc  libtheora0                   1.1beta3.tk1     The Theora Video Compression Codec
rc  libvorbisenc2                1.2.3.tk1        The Vorbis General Audio Compression Codec
rc  microb-geolocation           1.1.5-6+0m5      MicroB GeoLocation provider extension
rc  osso-startup-wizard          2.3.99-85+0m5    Startup Wizard
rc  rtcom-accounts-voip-support  4.140-1+0m5      Enables VoIP support
rc  tracker-extractor-vorbis     0.1-2maemo2      Add vorbis format metadata extraction in tracker
Which of these happen to be actually needed an not remnants of my own doing? I would guess libtheora0, libvorbisenc2 and tracker-extractor-vorbis might be rc due to installing Ogg Support 1.1.1? What about the others?
The desktop widget is not in the list as I already "apt-get --reinstall" it.