Active Topics

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ California, United States
I OC to 1Ghz and it's been stable and fine for over a month now. But this phone gives me headaches sometimes. When I'm at work and I need to rely on the GPS, Sygic just decides to f*** up right when I need it saying "there's no signal".

Now, idk if it's because of Hermes or what, all my contacts photos look blurry when trying to look at them. My phone stutters and freezes all the time. Wtf is going on!? I love this phone to death, but sometimes I feel like I should get another phone.

Also the conversations app is bugging the hell out of me because it f's up to people I talk to all the time.
I've reflashed this phone over 15 times since getting it in September. That's an overkill for trying to keep my phone squeaky clean and neat and fluid.

It's hard to wait for the rumored N9 when this phone sometimes gives me headaches. I don't want another phone unless it's similar to this one

Last edited by Bondage Monkey; 2011-01-03 at 03:17.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
People will say that slow down and other issues you've listed do not affect them; therefore you must be doing something wrong, but done so in a very passive-aggressive manner.

With that said, I've seen slow down on my N900 after my last two trips - and it's only been used through 5 recharges - it looks new, it should act new.

But it doesn't. With that said... do you have anything you've added from Extras or Devel? Have you pulled a reboot via the Terminal in a while? Have you cleared your browser's cache lately? There are quite a few other things, but I find that a simple reboot kills my slowness... for a while.

I'll try and clear the cache now. I have absolutely nothing from extras devel or extras testing in it right now.

lower the overclock and see if there's a difference something like 900mhz

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
800mhz would be just nice I reckon.

PS. My username is better than yours Mr Monkey......ner ner ner ner enr

Considering I made my account before yours, you took my idea!

The Following User Says Thank You to Bondage Monkey For This Useful Post:
Could you guys explain why my contacts pictures look hella blurry?

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by Bondage Monkey View Post
My phone stutters and freezes all the time. Wtf is going on!?
Probably the result of the overclocking.

IMy phone stutters and freezes all the time. Wtf is going on!? I love this phone to death, but sometimes I feel like I should get another phone.
I feel exactly the same and last 6 months ive been trying to get n900 work as smooth as i thought it would be. Now i think my experience is ready and after all of these tweaks and tricks i havent noticed single lag, its working like a charm. Go ahead and do ALL of these mentioned here, Except number 6, that i havent done yet, but if u feel like doing it go ahead.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...717#post888717

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Could you guys explain why my contacts pictures look hella blurry?
I'd say it's because of Hermes. That happened to me too, when I used it. Hermes imports photos from Facebook/other(?) accounts, can't though remember was it so, that it does it regardless of whether there's already photos for those contacts or not.